"I'll be back. And don't even think about running this time. You don't seem to have much of an advantage." He said with a bit of joke in his tone. I just rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms, ignoring the pain in my foot. At least the tears were gone now. Josh came back into the room with a woman following him holding a first aid box. She looked nothing like Josh, her hair was light brown and she had blue eyes. Her cheek bones seemed so defined that it adds an elegant look to her. I would have thought that this was Joshes' mom but she looked like she was in her mid twenties. "Hi." I said smiling up at her.

"Oh sweetie! You look like you’re in pain!" She looked at me then glared at Josh. "I thought I taught you better than this Josh."

"Why are you blaming me? She's the one that ran off without any shoes!" Josh tried to protest.

"Well I bet she wouldn't have run off if you treated her with respect." It was starting to feel awkward in the room and I wished I could leave but I couldn't. I stared at Josh, he had a frown on his face but he said nothing else. Then the lady, his sister probably? Kneeled down beside the couch so she was at eye level with me. "I forgot to introduce myself, since Josh sucks at introductions, I'm Melody. Joshes older sister." So I was right.

"Hi, I'm rain." I smiled at her. She seemed nice.

"Okay well, I'm going to get that glass out of you foot before it gets infected. And it might hurt a bit." The smiled slipped off  my face. And worry consumed it.

I bit my lips, "Okay but make it fast." I said closing my eyes. But that seemed to make the pain in my foot intensify. So I opened then again but this time I came face to face with Josh, his sister was on the other side of the couch now, where my bleeding foot was. I looked back a Josh smirking at me. "What?" I asked a little annoyed. He was the one that made me slip on glass! This was all his fault.

"Karma." He said grinning now.

"What?" I asked again a little confused.

"Karma for running out on me. This is was you get." I was about to say something when more pain shot up my leg. I screamed and balled up my fist, but still I couldn't help but cry at this new pain.

I heard Melody say, "There I got the glass out. Sorry about the harshness of it. But it’s better to take it out fast instead of slow." I looked at her to see her giving me an apologetic look. All I could do was nod, not being able to trust my voice. "Okay well I'm going to disinfect it. And this is going to hurt a lot." I nodded again. Josh uncurled my fist and slipped his hand into mine. I looked at him but he was looking away. I was going to ask him why he had his hand in mine but like before I was cut off with pain. I didn't scream this time just bit my lips and squeezed Joshes hand. For the next five minutes this happened. Melody said all she had to do was gauze the wound and I'll be okay. Since the glass didn't go in that deep she doubt that I needed to go get it stitched. When she was done she left to get cleaned up. I just laid there looking up at the ceiling. "You okay?" A warm whisper blew into my ear.

I turned my head to look at Josh and noticed that our hands where still intertwined.

"Yea, I'll survive." I said giving him a small smile. His eyes were filled with worry, and I couldn't look at the intenseness of them anymore. Looking away I told him not to worry. He put his hand on my face so I was facing him again. "Why did you run?" I couldn't answer this question. I felt stupid to tell him that I thought he just wanted to sleep with me, that's why he started to kiss me. But for all I know that can be true. I wish I could runaway now. He was still waiting for my answer but I couldn't think of any excuse to say so I ended up say this, "Ummm, I had to catch the bus." Josh gave me a very skeptical look.

"Really Rain? If you're gonna lie to my face can you do it a little better? Just saying you had to catch the bus is really lame. And frankly I'm a little hurt that you're belittling me like this."

"I'm not lying!" Another look from Josh, "Okay I am."

"And why are you?" Shoot! I can't answer him! I can't lie again.

"Ummm...."

"Rain!"

"Okay,okay...I... Ummmm...kind of...See I was... Well..." I tried hard to think of something but I ended up sounding stupid. I looked up at Josh and kissed him. I felt him freeze at the surprise but he let it pass and began kissing me back. I hope this was enough of a distraction and let the question go. I was kind of contradicting myself, since I ran away so nothing would happen between us but here I was starting the kiss. A sound of somebody coughing pulled us away from our kiss. Josh looked at who it was and had an annoyed look on his face. I twisted my neck to see that it was Melody. My face instantly flushed.

"So Rain I made some snacks for you to make you feel better!" She said with a smile placing the plate filled with mini sandwiches. "I think you guys look soo cute together!" She chirped as she left the room, Josh went for a pillow clearly wanting to throw it at her. But she ducked around the corner before he could. I smiled at his attempt.

"Umm don't listen to her, she says that to every girl."  Instantly my smile disappeared. I knew it! He just wanted to have sex!! He wouldn't just instantly like me. I looked down so he wouldn't see the tears that were on the edge of falling. He must have noticed my change in mood because he moved onto the couch so he was lying beside me with an arm around my shoulder. "Are you okay? Are you still hurt?" He whispered in my ear.

I almost laughed at him, how was he so oblivious? I wasn't sad because my foot hurt it was because he just said that he had lots of girls over.

"Yea, I'm fine. Just a little pain." I told him, no point in freaking out on him. Its not like we're together, and I'm not even going to be here for that long.

"Okay, tell me if you’re still in pain."

I smiled, "Why?"

"So I could do this." And he leaned down and kissed me. I should have stopped him but I was getting to use to him. So I kissed him back. He pulled away with a smirk on his face.

"Owww!" I screamed in pain. Josh looked at me worried.

"What's wrong?" He said urgently, "Are you okay?"

"No, it’s just you suck at kissing which causes me pain."

Josh looked shocked at my statement. "Oh really? I suck at kissing? Well look who's talking."

"What are you talking about?" I asked with a little hurt. He probably heard the hurt in my voice because he changed the subject.

"So are you up for doing the project today?"

I completely forgot about the project. "Umm, we should start it some other day. We won't have time today."

"You're right." He said, cuddling up closer to me. "Then what do you want to do?" I rested my head on his chest, getting comfy. I watched his chest raise and fall with each breath and heard his heart beating.

"What's your favorite color?" I asked out of curiosity.

"That's random. But red, yours?"

"Don't have one." I said.

"How can you not have one?" He sounded just a little shocked.

"Well I like all of them. I guess."

"So technically we have the same favorite colour." I laughed at this.

"Yea, I guess we do then."

________

A/N: I fixed the name mistake and some of the grammatical errors. Hope you guys enjoy!