Chapter Seven

• Dedicated to Danielle David

Chapter Seven

Josh was kissing me! I couldn't believe it! I sat there for the longest time not knowing what to do. This was my first kiss, but I guess watching all those romance films paid off because I started to kiss him back. Our lips moving in sync with each other. He tasted like peppermint and soon I wrapped my arms around him and moved up to my knees to reach him better. But I guess that wasn't good enough for him because he grabbed me by the waist and hoisted me up to his lap without even breaking our lips apart. He placed me on to him so my legs wrapped around his torso. Our kiss became deeper then and I couldn't get enough of him! It was something inside of me that wanted so much more. I buried my hands in his hair, it felt so soft and smooth. And all I could think about was Josh, I knew this was getting to intense but I couldn't stop. It didn't feel like we were going to stop anytime soon, our breathing started to get heavier and heavier. He had one hand on my neck and the other on my back.

Then Josh slowly laid me on the table with him on top of me. He hovered over me so his weight wouldn't crush me. Our kiss got so intense. My lips started to burn, if that even made any sense. Rain! My senses seemed to scream out to me from the back of my mind. What are you doing? Ahh shut up! I mentally told myself, which I guess sounded a little crazy.

I'm trying to kiss Josh here!

Stop it! He'll only hurt you! I mean why would he suddenly be interested in you?

I froze at that thought, why did he suddenly show interest in me. Unless he just- oh god! How stupid am I? I stopped kissing Josh and used all my power to push him off me. He rolled away me and onto the floor, there was thump and I heard him groan. But I was already picking up my bag and heading for the stairs.

"Rain! Where are you going?" Josh called out to me.

"I'm sorry! But I have to leave." I shouted as I ran out of his room.

"What?" I heard him yell, and the distant sound of him getting up. I ran towards the front door, but once I got out I realized that I didn't have my shoes on. I turned around and froze once I saw Josh at the door holding my shoes.

"Can't leave without these." He smirked at me and held up my vans.

I glared at him, then without thinking I ran down his driveway and onto the street. "Rain! What are you doing?!" He yelled. And again I didn't answer him, I just hope that he wouldn't follow me. But I spoke to soon because I heard the sound of sneakers hitting the pavement and I looked over my shoulder to see Josh running for me. Shit! I thought, there was no way I could out run him he was the all-star basketball player in the school. Maybe if I was lucky he would trip and fall. I kept running though, I was always able to run far but not fast. I did do track for five years, always third or second but still. And I would run the 5K for breast cancer every year. I just hope I was able to run long enough for him to be tired.

My feet suddenly stepped on something hard and I screamed in pain. I would have fallen if Josh didn't catch me. The pain in my foot burned with pain and I looked down to see what happened and a big piece of glass sticking out of my foot. I began to cry then, tears slipping down my face.

"Shit that doesn't look good." Josh said into my ear. "Come on." Then he swept me into his arms, bridal style. I was too ashamed to look at his face so I buried my head in his neck and willed the pain to go away. "Shh, it’s okay." He said soothingly and repeatedly. I hated crying like this, it made me seem like a child. But it just hurt so much. "I guess that's karma for you, trying to run off without shoes."

This made me smile a little, "Oh think of the tragedy I would have been in if you weren’t around." He laughed and I felt the vibration from his chest. I looked up at him and my breath caught in my throat. He was smiling and the sun lit up the back of his head making him look like an angle. I quickly looked away though and noticed that we were already walking up his driveway. He managed to open the door with one hand but still able to carry me. We entered the foyer and he walked down the hall and placed me on the couch in the living room.