"do you still miss her?"

"everyday. yes, it was my fault that she did what she did but i cant change the past now can i? i'll just live it as it is" Y/N then gave Jihyo a smile, "I hope you'll cherish your time before it ends"

"why the sudden question about Chaeyoung though?"

Jihyo shaked away her thoughts for awhile, "i was just curious because i never really understood why you chose your job"

"when that time comes, you'll get it" Y/N patted Jihyo's head.

"i hope so"

"you will, don't worry" Y/N smiled.

"are you heading to bed soon?"

"nope"

"eh? why?"

"i'm skipping school"

"well, that's not good.."

"its fine, i have dad's permission. just taking a break from studying. my friends can fill me in about the work. its fine"

"oh i see. i wish i can take a break from this job too" Y/N sighed.

"why can't you? isn't your brother like the boss?"

"yes and no"

"hmm?" Jihyo titled her head.

"he is my boss but we have a higher boss. so like my brother's boss"

"oh, like the higher ups" Jihyo guessed.

"yup. smart girl"

"obviously" Jihyo flipped her hair and Y/N laughed, causing Jihyo to smile.

"well, I'm heading to bed first unless you want to talk more?"

"umm y/n.. since i'm skipping school, can i hang out with you because nayeon unnie is probably going out with her friends" Jihyo bit her bottom lip.

"no need to bite your beautiful lips, Jihyo" Jihyo face then turned red.

"sure, you can join me. Your dad gave me a day off on Wednesday so we can go out then but we'll have to send Nayeon off first"

Jihyo jumped in excitement, "yay! where are we going?"

"now that.. you can choose"

"really?" Jihyo's eyes sparkled.

"yes, you can. You can join me on duty tomorrow if you want too"

Jihyo smiled, "sure"

"did anyone told you that your eyes sparkles when you are genuinely happy?"

"they do?" Jihyo's heart was beating faster by the second.

"mhm. i've never seen stars in someone's eyes before. it's beautiful. you're beautiful, Jihyo"

"oh.. thank you" Jihyo was trying not to scream.

"lets head to bed" Jihyo said.

"you want to be carried to bed?"

"you read my mind" Jihyo smiled and she hopped onto Y/N's back.

Jihyo clinged onto Y/N's back and she was already fast asleep. Y/N smiled but her heart was aching.

She laid Jihyo down and tugged her to bed. She kissed Jihyo's forehead, "I know what you're trying to do, Jihyo. I'm sorry" she said softly before leaving her room.

Time skip to Wednesday:

The time finally came and Jihyo unnies were rooting for her.

"remember, if it doesn't work out-"