Chapter Twenty-One

"Zack, you're too heavy! How am I supposed to drag you?!"

"Oi, drag me or else I'll put ya right back in that fuckin' grave!"

Eddie clenched his eyes shut and pulled on Zack's arm, trying his best to drag him further down the hallway. Blood was spewing from his wound onto the carpet, ruining the fabric. Although Eddie was pretty used to carrying heavy materials, he was extremely weakened by his cut-which tingled instead of hurt because of the pain killers, luckily. Zack sighed in annoyance, watching the young boy's face scrunch up everytime he pulled.

"I take it back...yer fuckin' weak as hell."

"Oh, be quiet! You're the one that can't walk, brute!"

"Shit-head."

"Ugh, don't start!"

Zack chuckled hoarsely, putting his free hand on his bleeding stomach. "Heh...are we almost there...?"

"We don't know where 'there' is, so I have no idea." Zack grunted in disapproval. Eddie rolled his eyes. "Sure, we're almost there. Whatever makes you happy, oaf."

"Where's Ray...?"

"We went over this, I don't know."

"Where's...that (h/c) haired chic?"

"I also don't know!"

"Then where...are we going?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!" Eddie snapped. He dropped Zack's arm on the floor, making a loud drop. Tears swelled in his eyes as he bit down on his thumb. Just like a child, he'd gotten too stressed out and started to break down.

Zack stared at him as he laid on the ground, feeling bad rather than annoyed. He knew that Eddie loved (Y/n), or whatever. He didn't understand that feeling, but he knew it had to be pretty damn strong.

"Oi...c'mon kid, Ray and your girl are probably lookin' for us right now."

Eddie rested his head against the wall. "I...I don't...I don't want her to l-leave me...this is why I should've just m-made her mine in the f-first place..." he then turned to Zack. "If they die...what will we d-do?!"

Zack doesn't say anything at first. He furrowed his eyebrows, resting his head on the ground. "I don't fuckin' know! I don't fuckin' know..."

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

(Y/n) woke up in a sweat, shooting up from the couch she was laid on and panting. Her mind immediately went to the worst, feeling around and trying her best to figure out where she was. After a few seconds, she concluded that she was on a bed or a couch from the soft fabric, growing more and more confused with every touch.

"(Y/n), are you awake now?" Rachel's soft voice crept into the girl's mind, spooking her a bit and making her jump back. "You're fine. I stitched your empty eye socket up so that it didn't get infected. Oh, and I let you sleep for awhile because-"

"Where are we?!" (Y/n) snapped, growing weary of how calm the blonde sounded.

Rachel slides her needle and thread back into her hand bag, staring at (Y/n) intensely. Even though she couldn't see it, (Y/n) could feel her gaze. "I gave you painkillers so that you didn't feel the pain when I did it. You lied. You had some on you." (Y/n) froze up. Those were meant for Eddie in case it wore off on him. Biting her tongue, she had no reply. "But it's okay. I'm sure you needed it for Eddie."

(Y/n) nods, turning her head away from her voice. "Yeah, Eddie's really wounded...I need to get back to him. I was looking for Gray, but...I didn't find him."