Chapter Twenty

Eddie held (Y/n) up on his back, creeping into Cathy's floor stealthy. The front gate had already been opened with freshly shot bullet holes in the concrete floor. He nervously looked up at the camera, waiting for Cathy to scold them and laugh at them.

But she never came.

After at least a minute, Eddie continued onto the floor, trying to his best to keep his composure for (Y/n). He had taken lots of pain killers before exiting his floor (without telling (Y/n) so she wouldn't prevent him) and was now feeling awfully sleepy again. His arms were trembling from holding up (Y/n)'s weight, even though he would've usually been able to hold her with no problem.

"The elevator...just get to the elevator..." the boy repeated over and over again in his head. He could feel his body wanting to give out at any second.

(Y/n) suddenly dropped from his back, holding him up. Even she could feel that something was wrong. "Hey...is your wound okay? You're trembling..." (Y/n) explains her concern as she felt his arms to confirm her suspicions.

"Y-Yeah...I'm fine..." Eddie stammered. He felt lucky that he had given her the right amount instead of too much, like himself.

"Where are we?" She questions, knowing full well that he wasn't okay.

Eddie looked around, grabbing (Y/n)'s hand. "We're on B3...and...almost to the elevator..." he then looked on the ground, seeing a blood trail which led from the shooting grounds to the elevator. He paused, letting (Y/n) go and resting her by the large metal doors. "Hey...the elevator is in use right now. Zack and Rachel must be on the other side..."

(Y/n) clenched her hands close to her chest, in a bit of pain from the bruises on her wrists. Danny had tightened the restraints after she head-butted him and damaged her left eye. Now, there were gruesome wounds where he had held her down. Quietly, she whimpers out, "What are we going to do?" Eddie doesn't reply.

(Y/n) reaches her pocket to grab her dagger, but realizes she had left it on Danny's floor. With a soft curse word, she sighed. "Eddie, I left my knife down on B5..."

"It's okay...I have my gun...I'll protect you...um..." Eddie rubs his watery eyes, knowing he could fall asleep at any second. "...hey...we can take just a short break before we go to Gray's floor...we're so close to the exit..."

(Y/n) heard the exhaustion in his voice, growing highly concerned. "How many pain killers did you take?"

Eddie bit his tongue. She figured it out. "Enough that I can't feel my pain anymore..."

"Eddie!"

"Please don't be mad!" He cries. "I only wanted to help you! If I felt my pain, I wouldn't of been able to walk...and you can't see so...!"

(Y/n) moves the scarf from her left eye gently. "I can see you, it's just really blurry. I think it'll get better in due time, so I'm not entirely blind...I hope..."

Eddie grabbed her hands that were so tightly held to her chest. She squeezed back, feeling helpless. "...When we get out of here I promise to make this all up. It's my fault any of this happened anyway. I was being selfish and wanted to kill Rachel even though you warned me..."

(Y/n) shook her head. "It's not your fault. Don't tell yourself that. It's...Zack's fault."

For a moment, the ginger didn't say a word. He was lost deeply in his thoughts, as if he were remembering something. Then, he adjusted the scarf back into place over both of her eyes. "The elevator has been stopped for a few minutes...I'm sure Rachel and Zack have headed off further into the floor, we can sneak up there now."