Chapter Eight

"Eddie? Eddie, wake up."

"...huh...?" (Y/n) backed away from the masked boy, finding that he was now sitting up. She watched as he looked around, yawning a little under his mask. "Oh, good morning, (Y/n)."

Still being a little sleepy, Eddie stood up wobbly and stretched out his arms. (Y/n) on the other hand, was completely flustered about waking up with him. She had totally forgot about everything that happened, so had a huge surprise when he was right next to her.

"Did you sleep well?" (Y/n) nods before looking away sheepishly. "Awesome!" Eddie chirped, throwing his arms around her. "When you were sleeping, you looked so peaceful..." he softly spoke, releasing her from his grasp.

"Eddie..." (Y/n) murmured, blushing heavily. "Thank you for staying by my side last night...I know it must've been a bother."

"Not at all!" Eddie gushed, clasping his hands together. "Just make sure you don't tell the others! I promised I wouldn't sleep with you..."

There was a silence for a moment.

"W-WELL, NOT LIKE THAT OF COURSE! UHHHH-!"

"I understand," (Y/n) smiled softly with a chuckle. "don't worry."

Eddie chuckled nervously as well, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, haha...anyway though, if you feel up to it, I could show you around my floor! I know it must be boring to just stay in one room, so you can watch me make graves!"

(Y/n) liked the idea of sticking with Eddie throughout the day instead of being alone, so she instantly agreed. "Yeah, that would be nice."

Eddie's eyes glittered and his cheeks were dusted in blush. "Alright then! It's settled! I'll go get dressed real quick then I'll show you around!"

(Y/n) watched as the boy excitedly rushed out of the room in a hurry. She really didn't expect him to be so happy about her tagging along, but then again, this is Eddie we're talking about. Making graves is his passion; (Y/n) didn't have to know him all so well to know that.

"I wonder how he came to like graves so much...more how he learned how to create them..."

(Y/n) then stood up, walking over to his desk and peering at the papers. His newest one wasn't a grave calculation like she expected, but a drawing. A drawing of a dove, to be exact. It was well detailed and outstanding for a boy his age to draw.

"Wow...he's really good at drawing too..." (Y/n) muttered. "He's really talented..."

After a few more moments, she set the paper back down and waited for Eddie's arrival. It didn't take long for the bubbly boy to come back to her. With his red scarf wrapped around his neck, he grabbed her hand and led her into the graveyard. "You remember when you came on my floor the first time? Haha, didn't you like that? You know, when we spoke for the first time?"

(Y/n) smiled weakly, nodding. "Yeah..."

"I can tell you don't mean that~!" Eddie laughed a little, spinning around in circles. "After all, I can always tell when my beloved is lying just from the look on her pretty face!"

(Y/n)'s heart fluttered as Eddie called out for her in that way. His beloved. No one had ever spoke to her in such a nice manner in a very long time. She couldn't even remember the last time someone had called her a cute pet name.

Only he did.

(Y/n) opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came of it. Not until he turned around and began to walk towards the graves he made so elegantly.