"So you're gonna try and kill this bloodsucker?" Erisa hissed.

Cadence gave Erisa a deadpan expression. "I mean ... with this shit on my neck, you'd think so."

She turned on her heel and strolled down the hall. Heading into the kitchen, Frankie came across her path and he offered her a kind smile.

"Morning," Frankie greeted and sat down, gesturing to her bag. "Are you sure about this, kid?"

Cadence gave a slow nod. "I know my life is at stake because I went against Lycus, but he has the answers to all of this. And I want Accalia to know everything and by my mouth, not Lycus's."

A shadow of the past flashed across Frankie and before Cadence could latch onto it, he dropped his gaze and brewed himself some coffee.

"Cadence, if you think of stepping out of this cabin without me—" Erisa lunged at Cadence and wrapped her arms around her, taking them both to the floor.

Erisa's voice cracked, all shades of coldness seeped away and she toppled onto Cadence with shiny blue eyes. "Please don't leave, who will fight the shadows with me?"

"We will always fight alongside each other, Erisa," Cadence shoved her off and gave her a snide smirk, reaching to her feet. She gave Erisa her hand, "but I'm going at this alone."

"Can I come with you? There's nothing else for me to do. I feel useless doing nothing and I don't want to find company with my thoughts." Erisa wove her fingers through Cadence's and was brought to her feet.

Cadence pointed towards Frankie. "Ask him. I don't care what you do, just leave the 'getting yourself killed' job to me."

Cadence couldn't be the person to hold the balance of control and choice. Whatever the people around her did, the choices they made, that would have to be in their control.

Cadence would rather go at this alone, but she knew the hunters gathered around her would be the shield to prevent her from wielding a sword.

Erisa stalked over to her uncle and immediately had his intention with the sternness written on her face. While they conversed privately, Thea came out of the room and her face scrunched up at Cadence.

She will not be coming, Cadence would maintain her stance on that.

Cadence didn't care how much Thea convinced others of her strength, that bane innocence will continue to conquer until something dreadful happened and Cadence wouldn't be the cause for ruining Thea in any form.

"You ready?" A masculine voice shrouded the room and Tristan stood with a duffel bag over his shoulder.

His long hair was in a secure bun and his brown eyes looked a little fainter today, losing their mischievous glow.

"Let's go." Cadence clipped.  

The Larren cousins gave their appreciation to Frankie, Tristan gave him a firm shake of the hand and Cadence embraced him briefly, not wanting to stick around much longer.

Frankie bade them goodbye and his hand landed on Erisa's shoulder, inclining his head to her. "You can go with them if you wish, you're nineteen now. You can make your own decisions."

"I'll try and not die." Erisa joked with her uncle.

Frankie's lips formed into a thin line and his eyes narrowed into slits. "If any of you die by Fenris pack members, I'm afraid a war will be upon Lycus Fenris sooner than he may think. Perhaps you should tell him that, Cadence."

Blood and silver. "I'll pass the message on," Cadence confirmed.

"What about me?" Thea asked innocently.