Chapter Thirty Five | Testify

Chapter Thirty Five x Testify

_____

I ain't tryna keep it all inside,

So I gotta TESTIFY

For you and I, I testify - August Alsina (Pray for babyy ! )
_____

Essence

"Are you ready for this baby?" I asked Damian as I pulled the all black sateen tie around his neck, and slowly began to tie the knot correctly, how it was supposed to be done. He couldn't tie his own tie if his life depended on it. It didn't matter though because those small things I could handle to keep my man looking his best at all times.

We were currently at a hotel right across the street from the courthouse in Miami. Today is the day that could change my whole life around, and it could possibly take the first and only man that I've ever loved since I was eighteen away from me. That feeling didn't sit too well in the pit of my stomach, but I had no other choice but to let things happen the way they were suppose to occur. I had faith in God, and hopefully he'll see me through during this storm that's coming at us head on. I wish I could go back in time and had made Damian not bring drugs in the house, but I couldn't. It was way too late for the 'I wish I could haves' or the 'What ifs' right now.

"As ready as I'll ever be babe," he replied as he slipped on his all white Armani suit jacket. The white suit complimented his light colored skin and made me want him right here and now in this hotel room, but we both knew that couldn't happen. I wanted to feel all nine inches of him deep inside of me, but that probably wouldn't be happening for a while. We had less than fifteen minutes to get inside of that courthouse, or we both would be late for his trial. We didn't want the consequences that came with that, so we sped up the process by just a little bit.

I sat down on the bed and held my head low, facing the floor. I didn't want to cry about this because I knew Damian was the strongest man that I've ever met in my life, my father included. I was strong as well, so I think I could hold up while he was away from me for a while. Damian walked over to me and slowly lifted my chin with his index finger, causing me to look up into his beautiful brown eyes.

"E, don't be sad 'bout this baby girl, okay? I'll be fine. You'll be fine. Everything is gone to be aight?" he said, but he didn't sound to sure of himself like he usually did. I knew he was just as nervous and scared as I was, but he had a better way of hiding it than I did. He was good at hiding his emotions from the world, and even from me sometimes. I just brushed it off for the most part because he'd come around eventually, he just did it on his own terms.

"I can't help but to be sad and think the worst of the situation Damian. It just feels like my life is falling all apart right now. Everything was great and now this shit is happening. If you're gone, who is going to help me? Who is going to be there for me when I need them?" I asked as all of those unanswered questions appeared in my mind and it went into overdrive. The stray tear slipped from my eye unwillingly, and I quickly wiped it away before it ruined my makeup.

He pulled me into a tight hug. His grip was so tight on me that it hurt, but I didn't bother to say anything. If today's events take a turn for the worst, I'd miss these painful hugs. "Don't worry ya sexy self about all that E. You'll be taken care of, most definitely baby. Stop stressin' okay, you know I got you girl. In or out of jail. Okay ? I promise you that," He said firmly and I had no other choice but to nod my head in agreement. I couldn't help but to believe every word he said was all true. I didn't really have another choice, plus I trusted him with my life and so much more.

I pulled away and looked over at the clock that sat on the nightstand. We had about five minutes left. I got up from the bed and looked into the mirror making sure my makeup didn't run or smear to much. I grabbed my Chanel hand bag and Damian's hand before we left out of the hotel suite. We got on the elevator and made it down into the lobby. The streets were busy, but we managed to make it up to the courtroom with a good two minutes to spare. My hands were all shaky and sweaty by now. I was beyond nervous, and afraid. The tears wanted to fall, but I wasn't allowing them to do so. I had to be the strong woman that Damian expected me to be. I had to be strong woman that I expected me to be.