Chapter 12

Natalia knew that Aleksander was angry with her. But she also knew that he was more relieved that she was safe. 

They arrived back at the Little Palace and Aleksander immediately took her away to his room.

"What were you thinking?" He asked angrily. 

"I'm sorry Aleks. " She said sullenly. 

"Do you have any idea- Any idea how worried I was about you? You could have died!" He practically yelled. 

"I know Aleksander, but I didn't. I'm fine." She told him. He sighed. 

"I know, I know. " 

She walked over to him and grabbed his shoulders. 

"Hey, it's ok, I'm ok." 

He pulled her closer to him and hugged her for a very long time. 

"I-I did not mean to yell at you. I was worried." He said after a few minutes

"I know and it is my fault. I should not have been so foolish as to go outside with no guard."

Aleksander sighed and tightened his grip.

"I do not know what i would do if i lost you."

"Probably go insane." She chortled.

"Probably" He agreed. 

He smiled when he felt a leaf in her hair. He pulled it out and laughed.

"Shut up" Natalia muttered and began feeling at her hair. It was wrapped in a now messy braid. 

He took off the tie and loosened her braid. A quite large stick fell out of it causing Aleksander to burst into laughter.