5| OLD FRIEND

adding Maria to the love interest list :) 

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞."

Fun fact: MC actually has a very calculating palette. She can taste something and easily deduct what it's made of very quickly. 

You hate romance novels. 

They make absolutely no sense to you. They all felt like thinly-veiled excuses for wish fulfillment and most of the time they wanted to make you punch all the characters. 

But since this new 'reincarnation' annoyance, you'd been reading them. Even though they really made you mad. Why? 

Because they made you think of Nene. 

You weren't a social person in your past life. While you weren't bullied, you didn't have many friends. Nene was one of them, a plucky girl with fat ankles, your best friend. 

The closest thing you ever had to a romantic relationship was with what Nene called your "simp". You paid about as much attention to him as you did the air. 

You had come to terms with the fact that in this world, it was normal for eight-year-olds to understand the electrical brain wave categorized as 'love'. 

Since you stole his moment, you really hope Mary hadn't fallen for you instead of Alan. I mean, she did kind of give you aggressive lesbian vibes. 

Speaking of, it'd been a year since you met the noisy prince, and had been practicing magic on the daily. Your magic training was going slowly, but you're improving...slowly. 

Besides that, it came to your attention that Gerald might have a fear of snakes, so you adopted a pet blue viper (who you creatively named 'snake') to keep him out of your house. Did it work? Well, no, not really, but he at least steers clear of your room, now. 

Also, you've been sitting alone in your room drawing rude and totally uncalled for comments all over the terrible book you'd been reading: "The Emerald Princess and Sophia,".

No matter how many times you forced yourself to read it, you couldn't find anything good about it. It honestly wasn't even a story, it was just a bunch of cliches written in flowery words. 

Not to mention the fact that the author took three pages to describe one kiss. You wanted to burn this book in a fire, at night, wearing a disguise so that no one could see you.