6| BOOK CLUB

uh not sure what to say, um...crazy weather we've been having?

This chapter might be a little shorter than usual.

"𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐠 𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐱𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲, 𝐬𝐨

"𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐠 𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐱𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲, 𝐬𝐨..."

Fun Fact: MC has a disdain for germs. She wears gloves everywhere she goes and only takes them off to habitually wash her hands when she doesn't need too.

"The Earl with black hair and eyes, and devilish charm...doesn't he remind you of my big brother, Lady (name)?" Sophia said, smiling. 

"Um, no. Not really." You said blankly, not at all interested in the conversation. "Lord Nicole really does have a charm." Mary said. "Prince Alan and Prince Gerald have their own charm too."

"No, I'm sure Gerald doesn't have any charm at all," You said, face contorting in disgust at the sound of the annoying blonde's name. 

Sophia and Mary chuckled, not sure why you hated the third prince so much. "Perhaps you can't tell the Earl is like big brother because you haven't talked to him much." Sophia said. 

Mary nodded. "Lady (Name) and Lord Nicole are both the quiet type, so I suppose they wouldn't talk..." She said. "Can you two not talk about me like I'm not here?" You said, eyebrow raised. 

"Hmm," Sophia hummed in thought, completely ignoring you. "If that's the case, then maybe Lady (Name) should come over to my house to look at my book collection." She suggested. 

"..." You remained silent for a moment. "Do you have..." You started, catching yourself before you said 'erotica', "...Mystery books there?" You asked. 

Sophia looked at you oddly. "I didn't know you liked that sort of thing, Lady (Name)." But her surprise quickly turned into a warm smile. "Of course we have those types of books. Come over anytime you like and we can read them together!" 

You nodded, distinct smile on your face. 

"Of course." 

***

"Please drink it in moderation, Keith." 

You gave your odd little brother a gentle glare, not wanting him to act improperly in another nobleman's home, especially one like the prime minister.