"and one walked by me," tay informed.

"what were they doing?" scott asked. "the ones up there."

"we didn't see when they came in. we only saw them when we turned invisible," mason shared.

liam looked between the three, his eyes landing on corey. "you brought them into this?"

mason stepped in front of corey. "he was trying to protect me."

"liam, he didn't do anything wrong," tay defended.

"uh, they didn't seem to care about us," corey pipped up. "they-they walked right by us."

"they looked at us, but didn't do anything," tay muttered.

"then what happened?" scott asked.

a long moment passed, the three sharing a look, trying to remember.

mason smacked his lips. "uh... then they just jumped down and left." 

"that's it?" liam checked.

"yeah."

"i think." tay ran a hand over her face.

"they didn't take someone? there was nobody else in here?"

they shared another look, still trying to remember fully. it felt like they were missing something.

"no." tay shook her head. "there... i don't think anyone else was in here."

"it-it was just us," corey added.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

tay stared at the picture on her phone in confusion. she zoomed in, staring at the blank spot. "isaac. isaac! get in here."

she and isaac had bought an apartment. so now they were living their but mostly he stayed at scott's and she stayed at liam's.

isaac quickly ran in. "what's wrong? did someone die?"

"no." tay shook her head. "i don't think so, at least. but, look at this." she showed him the picture. it was of her, isaac, allison, lydia, and scott. but there was a blank spot that seemed to be like someone should've been there. "what's missing?"

"what?" isaac asked. "what are you talking about?"

"someone's missing," she stated. "look. look closer. see?"

he squinted. "i mean... i guess. maybe you're tired. just go to sleep. i'm gonna go to scott's."

"use protection," tay mumbled, staring at the phone again.

"we're not together!" he exclaimed, leaving the room. the door shut a moment after, signaling that he left.

a few minutes passed of tay just staring at the photo, trying to figure out what was wrong with it. she took a screen shot so she'd be able to find it easier.

she jumped when there was a knock, adjusting her pajama shorts and tank top as she walked over to it. she opened it, letting liam in. "hi."

"hey." liam smiled, his hair damp from what tay guessed to be a shower. she had offered for him to take one at the apartment but he didn't have any of his clothes here, so. he sniffed, stopping outside of tay's door. "does isaac live with you?"

"yeah." tay nodded. "he's usually at scott's though."

"oh." liam clicked his tongue. "th-that's nice."

tay chuckled. "mhm. you ok?" she could easily tell he was jealous. she just wanted to hear him say it.

"yeah." liam nodded. "fine. so, um, how long have you and isaac been hanging out, again? like, when you guys were in manchester."