three

"L'avion est-il de Londres ici?" Cheryl asked the woman next to her when she dashed into the airport with the fear of being late. The woman nodded her head and pointed at the doors signalling where the arrivals were entering, "Merci" Cheryl thanked her as she carried Lola towards where she had been directed.

"Guess who's coming to see us Lollypop?" Cheryl asked her daughter as they waited in the crowd of people. She played with her child's long brown hair as the little girl thought about who she wanted to come through the doors. She scratched her head and pouted her ruby red lips whilst she thought deeply, her eyebrows furrowed slightly and Cheryl smiled at how similar Lola was to herself. "Dunno" she said eventually, "Tell us?"

"Well there's four of them coming and they love you lots and lots like jelly tots" Cheryl giggled as she nuzzled her tanned face with her daughters equally bronzed one. "They used to sing and dance with mam too"

"Aunties" Lola screamed loudly with excitement and began clapping her hands enthusiastically when Cheryl nodded in delight. Even though the girls had long since separated as a band they were still each other's best friends and were constantly speaking and always tried to meet up. They supported each other in their now various career choices, singing, acting, presenting, modelling, whatever they chose to do next the girls knew they would have each other's support. Cheryl always knew they'd hold a close bond no matter what the press said about them. They had grown up together, they had supported each other through family breakdowns, health problems and heartache yet they still loved and cared for each other the same as they had fifteen years ago. Every now and then they would reunite as Girls Aloud for special occasions or events and they knew they were fortunate to be given those opportunities.

"Kimble!" Lola shouted when she saw Kimberley lugging a massive suitcase through the arrivals door. Cheryl put her seven year old down and let her run off to meet her aunt. Before she even had time to focus again Cheryl felt a pair of arms grab her and pull her in to a massive hug, she smelt the familiar fruity scent mixed with fake tan and a husky giggle which immediately told her Sarah had latched onto her, "Chez it's so good to see you" she practically shouted in Cheryl's ear.

"You too Sare, it's been way too long" Cheryl nodded as they continued to squeeze each other, their manicured fingers clasped tightly together as they welcomed each other back into their lives.

"You're not kidding are you?" Cheryl heard Nicola shout from in front of her, "last time we seen you Lollypop's hair wasn't this long, she definitely didn't have fancy painted nails and she's grown so much. Haven't you babe?" Nicola asked the over excited child who simply nodded, "I'm seven now. I'm all grown up" she announced causing the girls to laugh at her.

"Right come on you lot, let's get us home" Cheryl ordered as she received a final hug from Nadine and helped drag the cases towards the car.

* * *

"Cheryl this town is even more beautiful than I remember" Nadine stated as they drove through the middle of the market.

"It's because it's December, the locals spruce up the town center before Christmas so it's fresh for New Year" Cheryl explained as she pointed to the lavishly decorated streets as they drove carefully through.

The girls jumped out of their skin when an old man banged on the car window while they waited in the traffic lined streets, "Salut Cheryl! Salut Lola!" he shouted through the glass. Lola wound her window down in excitement, "Salut Olivier!" she waved enthusiastically.

"Vous voulez quelques poissons? C'est frais de la mer ce matin" he asked pointing behind him. "Aucun merci Olivier. Donne mon amour vos enfants et j'espère que Bianca est bien bientôt." Cheryl told him as she began to drive away.