chapter 2

I took his hand gingerly at first, but tightened my grip suddenly. Hiccup squealed at the sudden crushing of his hand.

" Okay... show me. If you fail however, I will kill every Dragon on Berk and mount their heads upon our walls. For all travelers alike to see.. understand? "

He wirelessly nodded.

Narrator's POV - Present

Y/N trudged after Hiccup as he excitedly babbled about facts and stories about dragons he cared not enough to listen to. As they walked in unison up a hill, feeling dew from the morning upon the grass and a chilly breeze, silence fell. It was awkward and tense. Hiccup toyed with the held of his sleeves out of nervous habit, stopping atop a grassy cliffs edge and turning towards the much more lean Y/N, who glared back at him. The brunette inhaled and took a step back.

" Well?... Where's the Dragon? "

" Oh he's right... here!- "

And with another step Hiccup fell from the edge of the cliff. Y/N stammered in shock.

" Mother of Loki how a I going to explain to Stoic I lost his son because he went cliff diving.. WHERE THERE IS NO WATER?! "

Y/N ran his hand through his hair, letting out a frustrated sigh. When he went to turn and go back home though, the feeling of cold claws clamping unto his biceps caused him to tense. He struggled but as his feet were lofted off the ground and carried up into the clouds, all he could do was curse the gods up For him forgetting to bring his axe.

" Y/N! It's okay! Just calm down... "

He heard Hiccups shrill voice and lifted his head, meeting large green eyes filled with worry and compassion. Their tenderness almost made him want to listen... no mercy-

" HYAH!- "

" WAIT DONT!- "

Y/N grabbed onto the gums of the large black Dragon, and it emmitted a growl of discontent, it's flying wobbling. He swung his leg over the wings of the reptile and gripped Hiccups hair, pulling himself onto it's back.

" OW OW- "

" Hiccup... "

The brunette tensed at the menace in the larger v ikings tone.

" Y...Yeah?- "

He slowly turned his head to look over his shoulder where Y/N was sitting,  only to be met with a harsh punch straight into his nose. The pure force of the hit causing him to lose all consciousness in that moment. The dragon screamed in distress. Y/N grunted and just grabbed the sensitive horns that lay at either side of his head, pulling them back. The wide eyed reptile let out a cry of pain.

" Land. Or I'll rip these straight off.. "

Y/N spoke, voice cold and calloused. There was no remorse. Only disgust and malice. With its rider unconscious and the integrity of it's horns at stake, the beast fanned open it's wings and slowed it's speed. Tumbling to the ground with a rough landing it let out a cry.

Probably a broken wing.

Y/N thought, glance switching over to Hiccup who was still asleep with a stream of crimson coming from his nose. He sputtered occasionally, probably finding it hard to breathe blood itself. On his side, a small knife made from the tooth of a Monstrous Nightmare. Y/N slipped the knife from it's sheeth, taking a moment to admire the handiwork and craftsmanship put into it. He ran his fingers along intricate patterns that were carved in along the blade. As the Dragon let a chirp however Y/N gripped the handle tight. He rose it above the dragons head, seeing it's panicked eyes stare back at him, pupils dilated into slits.

" No mercy... NO MERCY!- "

He swung down to bring the blade upon the dragons head, but was met with something else. A shoulder. As Hiccup shielded the Dragon he hissed in pain. A knife he made himself was now embedded in his skin in what could be a possible fatal injury.

" Stay out.. Of my WAY! "

Y/N ripped the knife out mercilessly. Pushing Hiccup to the side. As he was going to stab the Dragon once more he felt arms around his waist. The smaller of the two was attempting to wrestle Y/N to the ground, nimble fingers wrapped around the wrist the knife was held in.

A/N: you may think this is a bit much, but Y/N hasn't been trained to fight. He's bee trained to kill.

" UGH- Hiccup stop! "

" Not until.. you listen. Toothless is my best friend.. okay? He's saved my life. If you kill him you'll make an enemy of me and of Berk. You don't want to fight a Dragon army. And a trained one at that... okay? We don't have to fight. "

As Hiccup spoke he took a defensive but caring stance over Toothless, leaning his weak body onto the dragons neck and slowly petting hid head to calm him down. Y/N sneered.

" No... dragons are rutheless, vicious killers. We have to be the same. "

" They're not what you think Y/N. They're smart... and they're kind. As long as we're kind back. "

Y/N wavered, brows scrunched and his face twisted into a gratefully confused scowl. He lowered his knife and sighed. Hiccup let out a breath he hasn't known he was holding. A small smile formed over hid freckled face. Despite being bloodied.

" Thank you.... now can we go back? I'd rather not have my green shirt dyed red... and this is really painful.. "

" Fine. But im not riding on that. "

Y/N turned away, rolling his eyes at the sound of Hiccups exasperated chuckle. As he walked he could hear the two tailing behind him, which only made sense because if not from a arial view they would have no idea where to go. He dodged a few low hanging branches of the woods. His eyes were fixated on the ground.. lost in thought.

Hiccups POV - Present

As I walked not too far behind Y/N, I took the time to memorize his silhouette. ( Feel free to ignore this bit if youd rather a different apperance ) He was muscular like most Vikings but not so much so he looked.. big. Just lean I guess. Tough. On his arms I could see scars in the forms of bites and claw marks. His hair was shaved on either side, and at the top a long snow white braid fell to his waist, swaying with each Sep he took. It was almost mesmerizing to watch. If I had my book I'd be writing notes on the people of Windthrash. It seemed in this town having white hair wasn't uncommon. Maybe because all the sow they get. Majestic as he was, Y/N was scary. His stubbornness was unmatched and his willingness to take a life to get what he wants, be it Dragon or human, could've killed me a few minutes ago.

I ran my hand towards the wound on my shoulder., wincing as my fingers pressed against the bloodied part.

" Its gonna get worse if you mess with it. "

Y/N said, voice flat as though he didn't care if it did get worse. Which he probably didn't.

" Why thank you.. Y/N the merciless, for that fact I definitely didn't know. "

I answered sarcastically. He shot me a glare over his shoulder. It was so piercing I just kind of...stopped. My body grew stiff and rigid and I sucked in a breath. Satisfied with the effect he had he turned his head forward again, not before shooting me a smug smirk.