CHAPTER 2: THE GIFTED

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Theodore?"

"Are we gonna get in trouble, too?"

"No, Theodore. Only Alvin."

Theodore sighed in relief. "What time are we gonna start tomorrow?"

All except Theodore widened their eyes.

"We forgot about the schedule!" Eleanor shrieked.

"Don't worry, we're just going to ask the Principal downstairs." said Brittany in a calming way. "Besides, Alvin will get there before we do. I'm sure he'll land in detention before we get into the ground floor."

"You're right."
____________________________________________________________

"YOU'RE NOT PUNISHED!?"

"Nope." Alvin said proudly, puffing his chest out.

"But...WHY!?" Eleanor spat.

Alvin pointed at his badge. "Ms. Smith sure know the rules."

"Alvin! You can't take advantage of that badge!" scolded Simon.

"Yeah, Alvin." Theodore crossed his arms. "You have enough troubles already."

"I didn't! Ms. Smith just showed up and let me go! She said something about the badge...I just can't remember."

"Whatever. I'm gonna go. See ya guys tomorrow." Eleanor walked away.

Simon gave Alvin a paper. "Schedule starting tomorrow. The Gifted class starts right after dismissal, Alvin. Sir Ignatius doesn't want us to be late."

"Oh, another class!? Why did I even agree on that?!"

"Because of the earlier breaks." Simon told him.

"I can't believe it! Does this school even have mercy?"

"Alvin, stop."

"I just want to do what I want! I have a Karate competition coming up!"

"Alvin-"

"Simon! It's too much! I can't take it anymore!" Alvin said dramatically and bent his knees to the floor.

"Alvin-"

Alvin screamed.

"ALVIN!!!"
____________________________________________________________

"You guys got into The Gifted?"

Simon smiled wider and nodded.

"Even Alvin!" Theodore exclaimed. "That's great, right Dave?"

"Of course!" Dave picked his three sons up to the table. "I'm so glad for you boys!"

"We have a few questions." Alvin interrupted.

"He has a lot of questions." Simon rephrased.

"Ok, Simon, cut it out." Alvin glanced at Simon before looking at Dave. "You signed us up for this!?"

"Alvin, it is the school's motto starting this year. I want you boys to improve your own talents, like Theodore's cooking, or Simon's experimenting, or your sports."

"Dave, we're completely fine without them!" Alvin said.

"For your sake, it's not." Dave's face turned harsh. "Alvin, you're getting way too addicted with video games."

"Dave, I only do it for fun-"

"And school activities are more fun." Dave patted his son's shoulder. "You'll like it, Alvin."