chapter 25

"Yejun! Are you okay?" Mark wanted to go after Donghyuck, but his little brother was important and he couldn't just leave him here.

The little boy only nodded, his head kept faced down.

"Hey...you can tell me anything. You know that, right?" Mark calmly spoke to him.

"Don't want Mark get mad at me," Yejun mumbled softly and Mark frowned, gently running his fingers through the boy's hair.

"I wouldn't have gotten mad at you for something like this. Promise me you'll talk to me about everything. I love you, Yejun I don't know what I'd do without you in my life," Mark said as Yejun shrugged with a head nod.

"He can't tell you anything when you're constantly yelling at him to shut up, now can he?" their grandfather suddenly spoke up again after a long silence.

Meanwhile Mark's grandmother had left the room to go after Donghyuck and speak with him. Once she caught up to the male, she called his name which made his turn.

"I just wanted to say, thank you for giving my grandson a second chance," she spoke in the middle of the lobby as Donghyuck blushed.

"...so you know?" He shyly asked while she nodded.

"He always talks about you when he thinks no one is around. You've become the topic of his day and he'd always say how much he regretted treating you the way he did. You're special to him. I can tell," she continued with a warm smile.

Donghyuck's face was flustered as he showed a small smile both in embarrassment and flatter.

"He means a lot to me and I just want to always be on his side, but if I can't, I just want to support him from a distance. As long as he's okay, I'm okay," Donghyuck honestly replied.

"He wants you by his side, he needs you by his side, Donghyuck. I hope you're able to stay there because I'm sure you know I won't be living for such a long time and Mark is someone who needs a lot of love and care. He needs someone who's able to give him that, someone who has patience and I see that all in you even if you guys may not notice it now. You're going to be an important aspect in each other's lives," she told him with confidence and this made Donghyuck blush even more.

"Do you really think I'm the right person for him?" The tanned male questioned to which she nodded her head without hesitation.

"I know you are," Mark's grandmother said as she took a step closer to Donghyuck, grabbing his hands. "Please take good care of him for me and please take extra care of him when I'm gone."

Donghyuck felt tears prickling in his eyes as he slowly nodded his head.

Why was she telling him all this? He didn't understand, but he can only imply what she's referring to and he hoped and prayed it wasn't what he was thinking.

"Don't cry, my dear. Both my boys need you, Mark and Yejun. I know you're still in high school and I'm just throwing all this at you, but I needed you to know this. Better to stay prepared than unaware. And also, don't worry about their grandfather. He doesn't mean any harm, he's just reliving his past," she assured him.

"Not to be nosey, but didn't that bother you? You know...the affair?" Donghyuck asked with unsureness.

"Not at all and you know why? I've known all along, even way before him and I got together. It was my parents who had us get married and we promised we'd stay together and have a child. Truth be told, it was against our will. But not every moment was terrible. He was able to give me a child whom isn't doing the best as a parent for her children at the moment, but I love her dearly," she explained and everything was starting to make sense in the younger's eyes.

Mark's grandmother wiped Donghyuck's tears away before the younger had said he'll be leaving.

"Take care, my dear. Take care of yourself, your family, and those close to you because you never know when their time will come," she warned him and Donghyuck took heed to it, finally exiting the hospital with tears streaming down his cheeks as Mark's grandmother went back to Yejun's room.

What she didn't expect to find, was her husband and Mark arguing while a crying boy sat up on his bed.

She quickly walked over to Yejun and lifted the boy up in her arms, the four year old crying in his grandmother's neck.

"Both of you stop it right now!" His grandmother yelled, catching her husband and grandson's attention while caressing the small boy's head in her arms.

The two paused in the middle of their argument, Mark fuming with anger at the disrespect his grandfather gave him.

"Poor Yejun had gotten into an accident and this is how he's awakened? Where's your respect? Your human decency?" She scolded.

"But he started it!" Both of the two pointing fingers at each other and speaking at the same time.

"I don't care who did. Right now isn't about you two, so pull yourselves together," She continued and looked at Mark, which she noticed his fists unclenching and clenching. "Mark go home and relax yourself. We'll be staying at the hospital with Yejun, okay?"

Instead of arguing with his grandmother, he left the room. He knew that she was only doing that for his own good since he was about to explode any second now.

Both grandparents knew of Mark's disorder, but only his grandmother seemed to be the one who actually cared and tried her very best to make him feel okay and comfortable.

But his grandfather on the other hand, always had it out for Mark and the boy never understood why.

Maybe it's because Mark reminds him too much of himself?

-☀️-

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed <333
Stay safe!