Chapter 3//They Meet

Third person

Riley got back to her room and laid on her bed. She was glad that she met Maya, she was one of the closest friends she's had in a long time.

Brandon ran into the room with a big smile on his face, and ran over to her to pick her up off the bed.

"Woah Brandon, what's going on?"

He put her back on her feet, "Your uncle upgraded my job! We're going to a meeting tonight!"

Riley's smile faded, "That's great Brandon." She lied.

He leaned in for a kiss and Riley turned her head.

"What was that for?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I-I don't know." She said.

"You're engaged with me, Riley. We should be aloud to kiss."

"I- I..." She didn't know what to say and ran out of the room down to the third class to Maya's room. She knocked and Maya opened the door.

"Hi!" she said.

"Hi, I needed to talk to someone."

"Come on in, its probably not as grand as your first class rooms, though."

"It's perfect." Riley said, and Maya smiled.

"So what's going on?"

"I don't want to marry Brandon at all."

"Okay, so you're having second thoughts, why?"

"Honestly, I never wanted to marry him in the first place. My parents forced me to, and they also put us together when we were five. But he's to formal and sophisticated! I don't want to marry such a man."

"Okay," Maya said, "So just tell him."

"I'm too scared, he has to much power over me."

Maya looked sympathetic, "Abusive?"

Riley looked down, indicating that Maya was right.

Maya started again, "Most people have second thoughts on marriage, because they have feelings for someone else. Is that true?"

"Well," Riley started, "I did see this handsome man on third class deck today. He kept staring at me, which gave me the butterflies. But I've never talked to him, so we don't have feelings for each other. At least I don't think."

"Well Riley, if it is meant to be, you'll meet again."

___
Riley had to go back to her room to get ready for the meeting. Thankfully, Brandon already left, so she didn't have to worry about that.

She put on her fancier dress and fixed her hair. Then she sprayed perfume on her and put on her nice new pair of high heels. Then she went down to the meeting room to face Brandon and her parents.

When she got to the meeting, everyone was already there. The only seat that was open was in between Brandon and her uncle Joshua. She deep sighed, then took her seat.

"Hello, Riley. Nice of you to join us." Cory said.

"Hi."

"Before we start," Joshua said, "let's talk about the marriage.

Of course, Riley thought.

"We are both very excited." Brandon said, speaking for Riley. "Right Riley."

"Sure."

Topanga rose her eyebrows. "Excuse me?"

"I mean, yes, very excited." She lied.