𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻 𝑱𝑨𝑪𝑲 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑹𝑶𝑺𝑬 𝑺𝑯𝑰𝑻

Start from the beginning

Well Courtney, Rick and Josie in particular. Courtney sent them a an awkward wave while the latter two glared. Josie looked pissed as usual but Rick looked more saddened than angry, which was odd for him.

Harley glared at the three but Melaina waved back before locking eyes with Josie and Rick, she frowned and turned back to her table.

"They seem...nice." Harley commented as their food came.

"Thanks Maria." Melaina said to the woman.

"No problem hun." She said as she put then circular tray under her arm and glanced between the duo and the group. "Is everything okay between you and your friends? If you don't mind me asking."

"Don't worry, I'm just distancing myself from them for a while. There's just a lot happening right now." Melaina answered as she felt her heart rate speed up making Cosmo nudge her softly with her paw, calming her down immediately and making her smile and stroke the cat.

Maria smiled at her before walking away to get another order. The two began to eat their fries and milkshakes when Harleys phone began to blow up.

Melaina read the name on the red heads screen.

Rick Flag

"You saved your dad as his name." Melaina stated as the two looked at the name of the caller.

"Yeah, what do you save your dad as?"

"Water bender." The curly haired girl answered before taking a bite of a fry, CJ wore a puzzled expression. "Because he's Atlantean." She whispered making the the red head let out a chuckle.

"Sure he's my dad but I barely see the guy." CJ pointed out before eating a fry herself. "And now he's suddenly back as if everything is normal and it's the most annoying shit in the world and now with this whole Eclipso situation, he'll become over protective." She whispered the last bit.

That made Melaina's thoughts shift. "You don't think that this Eclipso thing is like world threatening or anything like that?"

"I've had my fair share of big bads." Harley started.

"You became Phoenix when you were thirteen because of a Metahuman apocalypse. You did what you had to do." Melaina explained.

"Yeah and I know that. When I started off I was a scrawny preteen who was about to finish junior high when everything started to go to shit. Next thing I knew, I was fighting with a bunch of kids older than me, way more different than me with superpowers but I was the most experienced." Harley explained before eating another fry.

"I mean I've been on this job for four years with all five of them, I've watched some of them graduate, even become parents. I mean I'm seventeen in a few days and a godmother already." Harley added with a laugh.

"That sounds amazing."

"It is. All I'm saying is that throughout all of these years. We stuck together. Fought every single bad guy that came our way as a team no matter how pissed we got at each other, we stood side by side through everything. If the JSA is trying to find Eclipso, then that means that this probably worse than we thought. If he's as powerful as we the books say then maybe you should fix things with the JSA."

"Oh for Zeus's sake I haven't even been gone for 24 hours." The curly haired girl huffed before sipping her milkshake

"I know and I'm sorry for suggesting it especially now but I'm gonna be very blunt with you. I've never faced anyone like Eclipso and even though we've formed this group of badasses. You are a combo of the most powerful species on the planet, I'm a meta and whatever the hell my mother was before the particle accelerator explosion, Daisy is the demigoddess of light, Martina and Kai are freaking magicians and we've got your water bending and lasso throwing family as backup." Harley added.