𝒗. 𝑻𝑶𝒀 𝑪𝑨𝑴𝑨𝑹𝑶

CHAPTER FIVE

TOY CAMARO

Harley and Melaina sat in a red '57 Bel Air as they drove to the cemetery. A bouquet of flowers sat in the bag seat as Harley drove the two.

The moment the red head stopped the car the two shared a look before Harley took the bouquet and got out the car with Melaina close behind her.

They walked down the pathway walking past a couple grave stones. Melaina froze when she read the name that they passed by.

JORDAN MAHKENT
1975-2020
FATHER.SON.FRIEND

"Melaina? You okay?" Harley asked as she walked towards the girl who fell behind before her gaze fell on the name she was reading. "Hey, it's not your fault. Come on." Harley assured before linking her arm with hers.

They walked a little further until they came to a pause when they found the stone they were looking for.

HENRY KING JUNIOR
2004-2020
SON.FRIEND

"Okay let's do this." Melaina said before she took out the old and dead flowers from the glass case and dusted the stone.

Harley removed the plastic from the bouquet and put them into the vase.

"Hey Hen. So August finally finished middle school." Harley started with a laugh. "Yep that curly haired little dude who threw up all over your toy camaro is starting freshman year at surprise Blue Valley High." Harley continued.

"Yeah when Hestia and August saw each other they did that handshake we did when we were like seven. I don't even remember when we taught them that." Melaina said as she choked up at the end.

"We moved here and for the first time in a while my dad and mom are talking like an actual couple." The black haired girl turned to the red head with a concerned look, they never really liked talking about her dad. "Yeah his boss kind of well disappeared and he's been allowed to come home for awhile."

"We miss you." Melaina said as she wiped a tear away.

Harley put her arm over her friends shoulder and pulled her into a side hug.

After a couple more minutes, the two began to walk back to her car. As Melaina passed by the grave of the late Mahkent she noticed something that she didn't before.

There were fresh flowers. She hadn't put any flowers there in weeks, mainly because Josie had been up her ass for a while and she didn't want to give her any more reasons not to trust her.