4

Songhwa glances at her phone to check the time then she realizes that Ikjun hasn't called or texted her since last night. Though Junwan and Seokhyung said he has two surgeries non stop since 9 am and cannot join them for lunch together. And now it's almost 6 pm and she haven't heard anything from him. She tried to call him but no answer. She starts to pack her bag and leave, want to check on him to his office or maybe went to his apartment since she's already finished with work.

She's about to leave her chair when someone knocks her door and open it slowly. She rises her head and her gaze captures her man standing there, looking tired as she could see.
"Hey"
She can't help but throw her bag on her desk from her shoulder, her eyes looks worried.
"Hey, I've been calling you" and Ikjun immediately check his pockets realized that he didn't bring his phone, closing his eyes as he forgot to take it after he charged on his desk "I'm sorry i think i leave it on my desk while charging it."

Her smiles formed as she relieved to see him in front of her. "Have you eat ?" Ikjun just shakes his head, closing the door behind him, walks in to her room and throwing his body to the couch. Songhwa walks closer towards him and sits right next to him. "What do you want to eat ?" He didn't answer, just his head slowly leaning on to her shoulder. Songhwa tilted her head to make him more comfortable and he starts to close his eyes. Songhwa lets Ikjun takes some rest on her shoulder, until she thought that he was sleep, she moves a bit want to take her phone, thinking about order some food for him when he's awake later but then he grabs her hand with his eyes still close. Songhwa turns back to see Ikjun and leans her body back to the couch, letting him rest peacefully.

They stayed like that for almost half an hour until Jeongwon comes in and immediately excuse himself as he saw Ikjun's tired face on Songhwa's shoulder. Asked her if she need anything and she just shakes her head a little and smiled. Ikjun wakes up right after Jeongwon close the door.
"What time is it ?"
"Almost 7, let's find something to eat."
"I need to pick up Uju today from his karate class."
"Do you want me to come with you ?" Ikjun looks at Songhwa, he meets her eyes that keep worrying, not sure if it's the right time to share what's in his mind with her. He just smiled and shakes his head "gwaenchana." Songhwa try to understand yet she can't help but still worry. Though Ikjun still offers her to drive her home before he picks up Uju, but Songhwa refuses as she didn't want Uju to wait too long for his dad, also she brings her own car as she told Ikjun not to worry about her. Ikjun nods as he leaves Songhwa's room after that.

It probably the first time Songhwa saw Ikjun like this. Didn't talk much, didn't tell what's bothering him and she can felt that his mind is wandering somewhere.

Songhwa just arrived at home, feeling exhausted. Decided to take a quick shower want to go to bed soon. She hasn't got anything for dinner yet, doesn't have any appetite as her mind start to overthink about Ikjun. She throws her body on her bed, turns off all the lamps and try to close her eyes, but her body refuses to sleep as her mind still keep on thinking.

She sits on her bed, bending her legs, trying to loosen up her mind.
"Is this because i haven't give him an answer about moving in with him ?"

Moving in with Ikjun kind of a big deal for her. It means she will live with him and Uju, and everything she does, they will see, everything they do, she will see. She will care about them more than she is now, every little things they do will matter to her and that scares her the most. Being care too much.

Aside from that, Songhwa can't help but think why Ikjun asked her to move in with him instead of marrying him. It's not like her reaction would probably different, but living with him without actually being officially a family member, made her questioning if there's something Ikjun felt wrong about her.