The creaking sound of the wooden staircase sounded through the cabin as Mix walked upstairs.

Upstairs were only two rooms, a bathroom, and a small corridor with a map of the local area framed on the wall.

Mix slowly entered the room on the right, a sudden wave of cold air immediately hit his body. It wasn't the same coldness he felt twice already since he had arrived. This time it was the wind blowing through the half-opened window. Mix quickly approached the window, closing it, rubbing his arms with his hands, figuring out that the window was probably opened for the whole week—since the death of his grandmother.

"Grandma's room," Mix said and with a bit of heaviness in his heart, he looked around.

The walls were, like the rest of the cabin, from dark wood, Mix didn't know how to tell which wood is from what type of tree but his best guess was Oak. There wasn't much on the walls, just a shelf here and there with a few old books and candles. The carpet beneath Mix's feet was soft but the richness of the brown colour was long gone. In the corner next to the window was an old shabby looking toilet table with a mirror with a long crack right in the middle.

But Mix's eyes were mostly drawn to the empty single bed, where his grandmother left the world. "I'm sorry granny, I don't think I can sleep in your room," Mix breathed out, sitting on the bed, his hand touching the soft but cold bedding.

"For a person who doesn't believe in ghosts, you sure talk a lot to Praewa," Earth said, rolling his eyes and leaning with his arms crossed, at the door frame.

And there it was again, Mix's eyes focused on the place Earth was standing at.

"Hmmm, so what is it, Mix, you can hear me but not strong enough to actually realize that you are hearing what you are hearing?" 

Why do I keep...ugh, whatever. Mix took one last glance at the bed, about to leave when his eyes landed on something under the pillow.

Diary.

It looked new. Mix was sitting on the bed, staring at the diary in his hands, torn between reading it or putting it back at its place—respecting his grandmother's privacy.

His eyes wandered once again to the spot near the door where he heard something...no...he didn't hear anything...it was just...something was going on in the cabin. Ghosts don't exist...but something is definitely weird about that place.

He returned his gaze to the diary, took a deep breath and opened it, "this better give me some answers."

Earth got nervous. He wasn't nervous for decades, but standing there, watching Mix opening Praewa's diary, about to find out everything...Earth was nervous. There may be only mere minutes before Earth will be alone again—before his last hope will be gone.

Earth won't blame Mix if he runs away after reading the diary, after all, the whole thing sounded outlandish, especially to the person who didn't even believe in ghosts.

A white page with nothing just two words in the middle was staring right at Mix...

Dear Mix

Mix gulped, holding his breath he turned to the next page.

Before I start, I want to thank you Sahaphap, thank you for coming to the Ghost Cabin. Right now you can't imagine how much the fact that you have decided to come here means to me. And not only to me.

I don't know when will you read this. If it's before your first meeting with Earth then I hope that this will help you understand everything. However, if it's after your first meeting with Earth, I just hope that it wasn't traumatic, not for you or him.

Mix I know that all your life you lived in the assumption that ghosts don't exist. But they do, Mix. They always did.

I don't think that my words alone can actually bring you to believe it, but, Mix, all I'm asking is open up yourself to the possibility that there is more to the world than what can be scientifically proven. Not everything needs to have a rational explanation for it to be real. There is a world that can't be explained, it just needs to be accepted.

And Earth is the part of that world, because of me.

Mix, fifty-six years ago a young man died while protecting me and your father.

Fifty-six years ago I made a promise to that man.

The promise of true love.

You are Earth's last hope, Mix. I'm not forcing you to love him, I don't even know if he will love you. All I'm asking is, please open up your heart and your mind to everything, no matter how impossible it may seem.

Please, believe.

I love you, Sahaphap and I know that you will do what is right.

To be continued...

P.S. EarthMix's first interaction.😍 Well...kind of.🤣