Leah: I'm great. Did you take any pictures?

"You can't come to the beach and not touch the water at all." a familiar voice said in front of me.

Aaron.

"Yes I can, and that's exactly what I'm doing." I said with a sarcastic grin.

"Come on nerd. I didn't bring you here just to let you sit in the tent and have juice." he said. "Stand up and let's go." he continued, extending his hand towards me.

I stand up by myself and take off the swimsuit cover.

"Seems like you also don't rely on anybody to help you up." he said, lowering his hand.

I ignore what he said and run towards the shoreline.

***

"So, what flavours do you guys want?" Aaron asked at the ice-cream stall.

"Vanilla." Britney answered looking at her phone.

"Chocolate." Chad said.

"Can I have 2 vanilla flavoured ice-creams and 1 chocolate." he said to the lady. "What about you nerd?" he asked me.

"All the flavours in one." I smiled. 

"Huh?" he asked in confusion.

"Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, blueberry, everything in one cone." I explained.

"The ghetto." Britney muttered but it was loud enough for all of us to hear.

"Please give her that." he said to the lady and I smiled sheepishly at her.

"Why so many flavours?" he asked me.

"Because I never know which one to choose. I mean, I like all of them, so why not have all of them?" I smiled.

"Weird, but okay."

"Here you go." the lady said, handing us our ice-creams.

"Thank you." I said to her and we all head to the parking lot.

"Hey Aaron, when are you coming back to school?" Britney asked her whilst leaning against a car. "It's not the same without you."

"I don't know, as soon as I leave camp."

"We're leaving on Sunday." I said to him.

"Monday then." he answered Britney.

"Is it even nice there?" she asked.

"Some days are okay. Some are just bad." he said. "But I'm surviving." he smiled.

"Chad told me that you two share a cabin. How do you even survive in the same room as her?" she asked, looking at me in disgust.

"Like I said, I'm surviving. She's not bad."

"Wait, how did they even place you in the same cabin? Last time I checked, different genders don't share cabins."

"They thought we were staying in the same house."

"Because of you." I mumbled.

"What did he do?" she asked me.

Is she talking to me?

"Uhm, he has a bad handwriting." I uttered, feeling a little bit nervous.

"Like I said, the ink spilled. It's not my fault." he explained.

"I think I'm going to believe her on this one, because you really do have a bad handwriting bro." Chad said and I chuckled in response.

"Mxm." Aaron uttered.

"Anyway, we'll see you two on Monday." Chad said, giving Aaron a hug.

"Bye man."

"Bye Julia." he said, pulling me into a side hug.

Okay, so we're doing hugs now?

I hug him back feeling a little bit awkward since I haven't hugged a guy before.

"Bye Aaron. Enjoy your last days at camp." Britney said whilst hugging him.

"Bye B."

They both jump into the black car that Britney was leaning on.

"Let's go." Aaron said to me and we head to his Jeep Wrangler.

***

"I've never seen you that happy." Aaron uttered after we parked in front of the reception.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"I'm talking about today." he said, turning his body so that he can face me. "I mean, it's not like I know you that well. But I noticed that you were happy. Your eyes were sparkling today. Why is that?"

"I just love the beach." I smiled. "It reminds me of my late grandmother... My parents and I never had a great relationship, so every weekend I'd visit Nana, just to make sure that I'm no where near my parents. We would always go to the beach, just the two of us. She taught me alot of things, you know. And uhm, she passed away when I was 12 years old. I'm happier when I am at the beach because it reminds of her." I said and the smile on my face slowly faded away.

"Oh, I'm sorry." he uttered.

"No, don't be." I smiled.

"May I ask you one more question?"

"Yeah."

"What's wrong between you and your parents?" he asked.

"Well, they had a one night stand when they were in college. My mom fell pregnant, and she didn't want me. My dad never loved my mom from the beginning, so he was angry when he found out that my mom was pregnant, and he also didn't want me. Yeah, that's why both my parents hate me." I said with a sarcastic grin.

"And doesn't that upset you?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope, not anymore. In life, you have to learn how to accept things the way that they are." I said to him and thereafter stepped out of his Jeep. "Thank you for today." I said to him with a smile after closing the door.

~~~

Sorry for the late update.

I low-key enjoyed writing this chapter. Hopefully you guys enjoyed reading it.

Thank you so much for the continuous support. Love and appreciate y'all so much!

Q: Do you think that Aaron and Julia are going to date?

A: If I answer this question, I'm just going to spoil the book for you guys :) So, if you want to find out, keep on reading,, hehe