Story Of A Girl

This is the story of a girl. Who cried a river and drowned the whole world and while she looked so sad in photographs, I absolutely love her when she smiles.

- - - - - -

“One.”

I adjusted the lenses of my camera and took a closer look of her beautiful face. Kapag nakikita ko siya, lagi kong naiisip kung ga’no ako kaswerte. I don’t think I’ve been the greatest of person that God would give me such wonderful gift.

“Two.”

She began to smile and my heart melted like a butter in a sure fire. Lumabas ang biloy sa magkabila niyang pisngi. Her nose and ears, as well as her cheeks were pinkish. Ganun talaga siya kapag bagong gising, napapagod, umiiyak, kapag naiinitan, nilalamig – lalo tuloy siyang pumuputi.

Nasa park kami at nakaupo siya sa isang swing. Gustong gusto niya dito sa park na ‘to. Kaya palagi ko siyang dinadala dito when I’m free from work.

“Three.”

I pressed the capture button and the camera snapped a photograph of her – the girl I’m crazily in-love with.

She gently rubbed her nose. Ngumiti ako. She frowned after I took the picture. Halatang naiinip na naman ito. Sandali ko muna siyang pinagmasdan. If there’s a more superlative word for most beautiful – that would be the perfect description of her.

Naglakad ako palapit sa kanya sa swing. Naupo ako sa harap niya para magkapantay kami.

Dati, ako ‘yung palasimangot. Ako yung moody. Pero ng dumating siya, araw araw may rason ako para ngumiti. Looking at her, it was a mixture of sad and blissful memories. Kapag tinitignan ko siya, I’d be reminded of so many things. The person I was before, and the person I’ve become.

They say, everything happens for a reason.

I know, she’s that reason. I may have failed many times. Nasaktan ako at nabigo ng paulit-ulit. But as I look straight on her eyes, I know that after all the pain – I still have her. And she’s all worth it.

“Ice cream?” Biglang lumawak ang ngiti nito bago tumango.

##

“Ice cream?”

Tumigil ito sa pag-iyak. Napabuntong hininga ako. Kanina pa siya iyak ng iyak at nagsisimula na kaming pagtinginan ng mga tao. Baka isipin nila kung ano ng ginawa ko sa kanya.

Bigla na lang itong sumimgangot, “A-Anong tingin mo sa’kin? Bata?”

I rolled my eyes. Hindi pa pala siya tapos. Bigla na lang siyang umiyak uli. Hindi ko na talaga alam kung anong gagawin ko sa babaeng ‘to. For all I know, she’s already twenty three years old, but she’s acting as if she’s a five-year old girl with tantrums.