54. Wrap Party

En başından başla

The studio Wei Chang Feng invested in was called Gale Studio. It had only been one or two years since it was founded.

There weren’t many artists in the studio and the whole team was not big. Qi Le An said without hesitation, “Wei Sama, I’m in.”

Wei Chang Feng nodded and was not surprised by Qi Le An’s choice, “Sounds good. Someone will walk you through your new contract.”

Qi Le An thought that Wei Chang Feng was a perfect savior!

Everything that followed seemed to go on effortlessly. On the fourth day of the incident, it had taken an opposite turn.

The untruths about Qi Le An were clarified one by one. The fans had come to. They had realized that they were indeed misled by those paid posters.

Wei Chang Feng and his team made a statement clarifying the fake news piece by piece. The fans were aflame with indignation when they heard Glory hadn’t even lifted a finger in dealing with those slanders. They found it hard to believe that such a large company would do nothing to protect its trainee.

Luckily, Qi Le An had terminated its contract with Glory and now he was able to voice for himself.

Qi Le An once again became a hot topic, but this time it was in a good way. Uncle had attracted some attention as well.

Some neighbors confirmed that Uncle’s family was not good to Qi Le An. In the past, they could often hear how Uncle abused Qi Le An when he was a child. After selling Qi Le An to Glory, they seldom visited him.

Only now did everyone understand that Uncle did that to get attention so he could blackmail Qi Le Ans!

Qi Le An’s aunt was fired by her employer because of this incident. His cousin had been smug for a few days when the fake news was spreading. Once the truth came out, she even dared not go to school for fear of the classmates’ scorn. She cried and said that she would never go to school again. Under had no choice but to transfer her to a new school.

Since Uncle’s address had been exposed during the previous reports, there were a lot of fans who had been gathering around Uncle’s house to help Qi Le An get revenge. Uncle’s house was always full of rotten eggs and dog shit every day. Uncle had to move to get some peace.

Uncle hated Qi Le An so much. Unfortunately, Qi Le An was so far away that he couldn’t pester him anymore.

Qi Le An’s life was getting better. The crew had always favored him, so after the misunderstanding was clarified, they felt so sorry for Qi Le An’s previous unpleasant experience. And at the same time, Qi Le An’s popularity rose significantly. The Better Days shooting had yet to be completed when numerous new film and television projects started to contact him.

However, Qi Le An did not say anything. He first confirmed the contract with Gale Studio. The content of the contract was fair. Because of the huge amount of compensation to Glory, Gale would take a big cut from Qi Le An’s pay, but Qi Le An felt that was the only fair way, Gale had paid such a large amount of money for him, he only felt grateful.

In addition, Chen Shan decided to follow Qi Le An to Gale after half a month of struggle.

Chen Shan was just working at Glory for fun. He didn’t even sign a contract with them, but he did get paid, so he could leave Glory anytime. Glory was not good to Qi Le An. It was normal for Qi Le An to leave. During his time with Qi Le An, he regarded Qi Le An as a friend. When Qi Le An asked him to stay with him, Chen Shan eventually agreed.

At the end of December, Better Days officially finished shooting.

Everyone was thrilled on the last day. The last scene of the Better Days was the image of Wei Chang Feng, or Xing, standing on the bustling streets of the city, watching everything in a trance.

That day happened to be gloomy, and with Wei Chang Feng’s superb acting skills, everyone present was touched.

After three months of filming, Director Chen was the most excited person that it was finally done. He patted Wei Chang Feng’s shoulder and said ‘great’ for a few times in a row, then he led everyone to the Wrap Party that had already been set up.

That night, everyone went crazy. Even Qi Le An took two cheeky sips of wine to celebrate the ending of his first movie.

The next day, Qi Le An returned to Hai City.

After terminating the contract with Glory, Qi Le An could no longer reside in Glory’s apartment anymore. Chen Shan took the initiative to pack up Qi Le An’s stuff and keep them at his house temporarily. After Qi Le An came back, the first thing he did was house hunting.

“It doesn’t need to be big!” Qi Le An said to Chen Shan.

The house price of Hai City was not cheap anymore.  Qi Le An couldn’t afford to rent a big house!

Chen Shan rolled his eyes and said, “I know what you are looking for!”

Chen Shan was born and raised in Hai City, finding a house was a piece of cake for him. In the afternoon, Chen Shan brought a few booklets for Qi Le An and said, “These are all very nice, have a look, see if you like them.”

Qi Le An was a celebrity now. Security and privacy were top priorities. He picked carefully, then he pointed at a picture and said, “Is this one expensive?”

Chen Shan glanced at it and laughed, “Yo! You sure have good taste, this is the most expensive one here!

Qi Le An sighed when he heard this. When he left Glory, his finances were settled as well, but he still didn’t have much money in his account.

However, he indeed had taken a shine to this house. It was not too big nor too small, with two bedrooms and one bathroom, and the décor was as lovely as a warm breeze. The house was new and no one had lived before. The furniture was complete, so basically Qi Le An could just move in anytime.

The house was located in the center of Hai City. Convenient transportation and great privacy, it was ideal for Qi Le An.

“This…how much is it per month?” Qi Le An could not help but ask after staring at the booklet for a long time.

Chen Shan said a number.

Qi Le An frowned on hearing it. Usually, you needed to pay a whole year’s rent in advance to get a nice apartment like this one, Qi Le An wasn’t confident whether he could get it.

But he liked it, so he looked at Chen Shan with his puppy dog eyes and asked, “Is it possible if I pay the rent monthly, but I’m willing to pay a big bond?”

Chen Shan, “…”

Chen Shan looked so unimpressed. He probably had never seen such a poor celebrity before.

However, since Qi Le An liked it, Chen Shan had to work hard to get it. To his surprise, the owner accepted it with alacrity once he heard it was Qi Le An who was interested in getting it, he said he could accept monthly payment, and even gave Qi Le An a 20% discount!

This was great news. Qi Le An met the owner and his wife when he signed the contract. It turned out the young couple planned to get married in that beautiful apartment, but unfortunately, the husband had to move to City B for work so they had to rent it out.

But the young couple was glad it was Qi Le An who was renting their house.

When Qi Le An heard that they planned to get married in that apartment he promptly promised that he would cherish the apartment for them. After signing the contract, the young couple asked for a few photographs from Qi Le An. Then Qi Le An insisted on treating them to a nice dinner as a ‘thank you for giving him a big discount.

Qi Le An had been staying in a hotel for the past few days. Now he finally found an ideal apartment and he picked a good day to move.

He texted Wei Chang Feng two days before he moved.

Qi Le An: Wei Sama, are you in Hai City? I’m moving to a new apartment this weekend, would you like to have dinner with me at my new home?

‘Great.’ Wei Chang Feng quickly replied.