Chapter 8

*2 weeks later*

"Hey! Ponyboy," I yell from across the hallway. He turns around and sees me from the front doors of the school.  I jog to him and hug him tight. "Hi babe," I say happily. "Hi beautiful. What's got you in such a good mood?" he asks smirking. "I'll tell you on the way home. Now come one let's go to my house!" I say loudly, making some people look at us weirdly, but I didn't care.

Once we got away from the school, I started telling Pony why I was so happy. "Ok, so you know how I moved from Florida." He nods his head. "Well one of my mom's really good friends is having a wedding down there, so she will be gone the whole weekend. That means we'll have the whole house to ourselves the whole weekend!" I say happily with a full smile.

"Oh that's great," he says smiling. "Well let's get home then," he said starting to jog ahead of me. I started jogging too, and that turned into a full out sprint to my house.

We got to my house, and I changed out of my clothes while Pony went to go ask Darry to stay over. When he said yes, Pony went to go pack his bags. Once he did that, he started walking over to my house.

"Babe! Darry said I could stay over," Pony yelled since he didn't see me. "Great," I said, walking out of my room in more comfortable clothes. 

"So what do you wanna do," I asked him. "I don't know. Maybe we can watch a movie?" he suggested. "Perfect."

I turned on the tv and started scrolling to the section where they have all of the movie channels. "Aha!," I said looking at the tv playing Breakfast at Tiffany's. I took Pony's hand and pulled him down to sit on the couch, snuggling up next to him.

About thirty minutes into the movie, I started getting bored since I've seen this movie so many times before.

I start slowly kissing Ponyboy from in front of his ear in a line until I reached his mouth, starting a passionate kiss. This kept going on until I got up to straddle him, that position being more comfortable. I grab the back of his head and grasp his hair, pulling him closer to me, while he has his arms wrapped around my back. 

After a while of this, Pony nervously and cautiously pulled on the bottom of my shirt. My breath hitches, and I thought about if I actually wanted to this. I realized there was nobody else I would want to do this with, so I lifted my arms up, allowing him to remove my shirt.

*the next morning*

I woke up and tried to move my legs, but they were really sore. I sigh and look at Pony, him already starting to wake up. "Are you okay," he asks, concerned. "Ya I'm fine, just a little sore is all," I respond blushing. He smirks, but that soon turns into a soft smile. "You know Lauren, there would be nobody else I would rather do that with than you," he states, looking softly into my eyes. "I feel the same Pony. At first I was scared, but I realized you were the only one I could imagine doing it with," I reply blushing. 

Pony suggested we make breakfast and stay away from his house and brothers until I can walk normally and am less sore, so that way we don't get caught. 

"Lauren! We should make omelettes," Pony said, very enthusiastically. "Ooo ya that actually sounds really good." 

We started cutting up some raw bacon into dices and put it in the pan, letting it cook while we started whisking the eggs and getting the cheese ready. Once the bacon cooked, I put it on a paper towel to soak up the extra grease while Pony used some of the leftover bacon grease to cook the omelette. He put the cheese and bacon on one side while he waited for it to cook a little bit.

Once the bottom of the egg turned a light brown, he flipped the half without anything on it on top of the side with all the fillings in it. He the waited a little bit more and turned it over a couple times, waiting for the middle to cook. Once it was done, he put it on a plate along with two forks.

"Voila!" exclaimed Pony, excited about the food he made. "It tastes delicious. Where did you learn how to make this?" I asked, genuinely curious. His smile dropped by a little bit, but not all the way. "Well, my mom was an amazing cook, and she taught me when I was younger." "That's amazing Pony. I bet she was a great cook if she taught you how to make this," I said smiling, trying to pick up the mood.

A couple hours later, I was feeling better, so we headed towards Pony's house, right in time for the gang to head out. Darry spotted us first, and informed us the gang was heading to the Dingo. 

"Sure, we'll come," Pony said for both of us. We both started walking to Darry's truck and got in, heading to the Dingo. 

"And a burger and fries for the lady please," Pony said, ordering for me. I smile and strike up conversation with Pony while we wait for the food. Once it gets here, we all eat up quickly and start to leave. While the gang walks ahead, Pony and I stay back a little bit, just watching to sunset.

"It really is beautiful," I say, still looking up at the sunset. "Not as beautiful as you," Pony says, looking into my eyes. I look back and slowly kiss him. After a couple seconds, we pull back. Pony takes both of my hands in his. "I love you Lauren. More than sunsets, more than books, hell, more than I love the gang," Pony admits. "I-I love you too Ponyboy. Ever since I laid eyes on you."