Chapter 3

*2 days later*

I woke up to my alarm going off. "Ughhh," I groaned. Today was my first day at school and I was not looking forward to it. I had to make new friends and have new teachers. I never look forward to school but all of this was just making it worse. I got up and took a shower. I dried my hair and put on some mascara and blush. I was looking through my closet, not seeing anything good to wear. Well this is just great. I ended up just grabbing some plaid pants, a black tank top that I tucked into the pants, and a white cardigan. I kept my hair down and grabbed my tote-type backpack and put some school supplies and my To Kill A Mockingbird book in there. I put on some rings and bracelets and some white shoes. I didn't look too bad but it wasn't the best outfit ever. 

I headed to the kitchen and grabbed an apple for breakfast

I headed to the kitchen and grabbed an apple for breakfast. I walked back out and said goodbye to my mom. I headed to the garage and grabbed my bike. I started riding to school and got weird stares from some people. I wanted to turn back around but I knew I couldn't now. I finally arrived and started walking to the front of the school. My first class was science so I went to that class. Once I got there, my teacher said, "Oh you must be our new student! I'm Mrs. Miller. Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?" I nodded and mumbled a "sure." I walked towards the front of the class and looked to the class as a starting speaking. "Uh hi I'm Lauren and I just moved here from Florida a couple days ago." As I was looking through the crowd, I locked eyes with a very cute boy. I blushed and looked down. "Thank you Lauren you can sit right there by Ponyboy," Mrs. Miller said as she pointed to the cute boy I saw earlier. 'Ponyboy. What a weird name," I thought as I headed over towards my seat.

"Hello," said Ponyboy. "Hi," I responded back sheepishly. I sat down and started doing the work that the teacher told us to do. "So why did you move to Tulsa?" he asks. "Honestly there was no reason my mom just said that we were moving so I went along with it. I kinda had to," I responded. Ponyboy was about to say something else when we hear the teacher's voice say, "Ok guys we have a project and you guys are going to be working in pairs." I heard a couple cheers but I wasn't too excited because I would be working with someone I didn't know. "You will be working with your table partner," Miss Miller continued. At least I knew I would like working with Ponyboy. 

We spent the rest of the period discussing how we were going to get the project done. The project was to create the solar system on a tri-fold board and answer questions about it. "So my place is still really messy because we haven't moved in yet," I said. Ponyboy understood and said, "No worries, I understand. My house is always a little loud because of my brother and the gang, but we can just work in my room where it's quieter." "Sounds great," I replied. "Meet at my locker after school?" I asked. "Sure," he said. 

*after school*

I was putting my books away in my locker when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and was met with the most beautiful green-brown eyes. "We can just go straight to my house if you want," he said. "Okay just let me get my Science book out and we can go," I replied. I closed my locker and we started towards his house. 

We were in the middle of a great conversation when I heard yelling in the distance. We both stopped talking and looking up. I saw my house and in the one next to it I saw a boy older than us running out of the front door. He was running towards us when he suddenly stopped and started running back towards the house yelling, "Pony's got himself a girl!" I blushed and looked down. "C'mon lets go inside and start on the project. And I'm sorry about him. His name is Two-Bit and he's the joker of our gang." I nodded and we headed inside. As soon as we got inside I saw two guys arm wrestling on the kitchen table and a guy sitting on the floor with chocolate cake watching the tv. They all seemed older than us. As we started walking towards his room when a really tall, buff man came out of the kitchen.

"Who is this girl you got with you Pony?" he asked. "I'm Lauren. I got paired up with Ponyboy for a project and I just moved in next door. " I responded. Ponyboy's face seemed to light up when I mentioned that I lived next door. "Well I'm Darry," he said sticking his hand out for me to shake. I shook his hand and we started walking to his room when I heard somebody yell, "Use protection!" I looked down and blushed as Ponyboy apologized, saying his name was Steve.

We got to his room when he said, "Sorry about them. They can be very childish." I laughed. "It's fine Ponyboy." "Just call me Pony." he said. "Okay."

We started by answering the questions and then I remembered that I never told my mom where I was. "Can I use your phone please I forgot to tell my mom I was here." "Of course." I went out to the hallway and dialed my mom's number in. "Hey mom," I said. "Where are you?" "I'm at a friend's house working on a project for science. They live next door." I said. "Oh okay just make sure you are back by 8," she said. "Okay love you bye," I said, then hung up.

"Okay my mom said to be home by eight so we have time to work on the project." I told Pony. "Perfect," he responded. 

We started working on the project and ended up finishing by 6. "Well I think I have to go now," I said sadly. "Wait, we still have two more hours to just hang out," he said happily. "Oh wow I didn't even notice." I said sitting down next to him on the bed. "So what do you want to do?" I asked. "Well I really like reading so I have a bunch of books," he suggested. "Perfect I love reading. What book should we read?" I asked. "Well I have Gone With The Wind," he said. "Oh that's great I've been wanting to read that book," I said. He brought it out but before he started reading he asked, "I'm hungry, wanna get some food?" "Sure" I replied. "First one to the kitchen is a rotten egg!" he yelled. We started sprinting towards the kitchen but he was way faster than me. 

I was running into the kitchen when I suddenly fell right on to someone. Pony. I was laying on top of him while he was on his back laying on the floor. I muttered a 'sorry' and got up quickly, covering my red face with my hair. 

"So what do you want" he asked, breaking the awkward silence. "Uh just whatever you are having is fine," I said. He grabbed two slices of chocolate cake and two cups of chocolate milk and brought them to his room, me following. "Thank you," I started "it tastes great." "Thank you. My brother Darry makes it for us all the time." We both finished our food so he starting reading the book. His voice was so calming and I felt like falling asleep, but I knew I couldn't. 

I laid down on the bed that he was already laying down on. As he was reading, he snuck his arm around my shoulders, making me blush. "Is this okay?" he asked. "Perfect," I responded. 

As he finished reading that chapter of the book, I couldn't stop looking at him. His beautiful greenish-brown eyes, his soft greased-back hair, and his perfectly tanned skin. He noticed my staring, and started to slowing leaning in as I did the same. As our lips touched, I could taste the chocolate from the cake we both at earlier. As we were kissing, Pony suddenly pulled away, and I thought I did something wrong until I heard snickering and the door slam. I then heard somebody yell, "Pony is making out with the girl he brought home!" My face became red as a tomato, as did Pony's. We both looked at each other and started laughing really loud. As I was laughing, I caught a glimpse of the clock and my eyes widened. It was already 8:15. "Oh shoot I need to get home Pony," I said. "Oh no worries," he said. We both got up and headed towards the front door ignoring the laughing from his friends. 

"Bye Y/N. Today was great," Pony said at the front of my house. "That it was," I said as I leaned in and gave him a peck on the lips. "Goodbye Pony." "Goodbye Lauren". 

As I walked inside I saw my mom sitting by the window. "So that's the "friend" you were talking about?" she asked laughing and putting air quotes when she said 'friend'. I chuckled and rolled my eyes, heading to my room. Maybe Tulsa isn't so bad after all.

Dang that was long anyways this is probably gonna be the last chapter of the day since it was so long.