Chapter 5 - The Tyrant - Hostess of Fertility

Mulai dari awal

Huh, Loli?

Misha and Eina moved a little closer to Rose.

"What's going on?" Misha whispered to Rose. "Do you know that scary man too?"

"No, I have no idea who he is," Rose replied. She was confused too.

"However, he seems to know your adventurer," Eina said.

"Indeed," Rose was intently observing their conversation.

Suspense hung in the air as Rose and the others watched the intriguing exchange of words between Kiyotaka and the mysterious man called Ryuuen. Rose's curiosity only grew with each passing moment, as did the feeling that there was something dark going on there.

"You've certainly been here longer than I have, so I wonder, how are you getting on with your manipulation games?"

"I'm not here playing games of manipulation."

Ryuuen didn't say anything, just stared at Kiyotaka with a face that seemed to say that he didn't believe in this shit. However, a short while later, Kiyotaka asked him a new question.

"How long have I been away?" Kiyotaka's question made Rose a little confused.

Why would he ask something like that?

"A little over a month."

"Well, quite a while. I've been here in the city for about a week, but it's not even two weeks since I arrived."

As the two men continued their conversation, the tension only intensified. Kiyotaka's expression remained inscrutable, but Rose could see the gears turning in his mind. The magenta-haired man, on the other hand, was still emanating a threatening aura, making everyone around him uncomfortable.

Rose couldn't stop having a thought. 'Why does it seem like there's more to this conversation than meets the eye?' It was a question that kept popping into her head. The way they spoke seemed normal, as if they were acquaintances, but she sensed that there was something more behind this 'normal' conversation.

"Kuku, I see. However, how about we leave that conversation for another time? I'm here to register as an adventurer, we can talk after I've finished registering."

Without waiting for an answer, Ryuuen walked past him, causing Kiyotaka to turn around. He watched the man walk over to the pink-haired employee, Misha Flott. When she noticed the man coming towards her, a small expression of dread took over her face, but she tried hard to remain calm and act normally, as she always does when she meets an adventurer.

"Hello, my name is Misha Flott," she introduced herself. "You mentioned that you came to register as an adventurer. Are you already part of a Familia?"

Although she seemed calm, Rose and Misha knew that she was very frightened looking at the scary man in front of her.

"Yes, you can skip these boring introductions," he said as he took his hand out of his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper.

Misha took the paper and her eyes widened when she saw what his Familia was.

"Loki Familia!?"

She shouted, causing Eina and all the other staff and adventurers to stare at the mysterious man with wide eyes. Kiyotaka and Rose were the most controlled, Rose still showed an expression of surprise, but nothing exaggerated. Kiyotaka, however, just looked at the whole scene with the same expression.

"Yes, you're doing a good job of keeping this a secret, go ahead and tell the whole town next."

His voice came out with a sarcastic tone, though he wasn't angry, just amused by the whole situation.