Chapter 45

Ch45 - Drunk

The lanterns in the center tent were brightly lit, and there was a loud hubbub of voices. From time to time, there were the sounds of people yelling as they played the finger-guessing game. Jing Shao heard this and had a bad feeling. He lifted the entrance curtain. 

He saw several military officers sitting disorderly on one side, obviously drunk and still going as they played the finger-guessing game. The cavalry military officer pulled at the infantry officer, talking incessantly. The right protectorate general hung off the left protectorate general’s body and complained tearfully, “I only gave that Er son of a bitch a beating, but fuck, that vixen actually slapped me. I was only seven years old at that time ah, wu…” The left protectorate general who was being clung to listened to him expressionlessly. He took the wine cup in his hand and drank slowly, letting the other man rub tears and snot on him.

Zhao Meng was in high spirits, and currently talking with Mu Hanzhang about Cheng Wang’s shame in the desert. “Wang Ye fell headfirst from his horse. There was a stone on the sand dune, and it just so happened to rip a big hole in Wang Ye’s pants! Wang Ye didn’t have time to worry about his pants, and raised his sword to cut off that man’s head,” General Zhao, who had “gone into battle” bare-chested, said happily. He then couldn’t help but raise his arm to hook it over Mu Hanzhang’s shoulder, and he said in what he thought was a low voice, “Ha ha ha, if it had been a hair closer, that would have been the end of Wang Ye’s family jewels! When the emperor asked Wang Ye to take a male wife, we also wondered if it was because he was truly injured from that time, hehe…”

Jing Shao just so happened to see this scene, and he was immediately furious. He rushed over and punched Zhao Meng, who fell to the ground, and he pulled his Wang Fei up from his seat.

“Wang Ye, you come drink too ah!” Drunk, Zhao Meng didn’t feel any pain at all, and he lay on the ground and smiled as he stared at Jing Shao. 

“He just drank too much. Why did you hit him?” Mu Hanzhang’s cheeks were slightly red, but his eyes were clear; it was obvious that he hadn’t drank too much.

“He dares disrespect you, how can I let him off lightly?” Jing Shao was unbearably angry, and kicked the person on the ground a couple of times.

“Saying nonsense again!” Mu Hanzhang glared at him. Was it disrespectful for men to put their arms around each other’s shoulders? Looking around, he felt relieved, before he turned and walked out. “They all drank until they passed out, at least. Let’s go back.” These army men were really good at drinking. Although Mu Hanzhang had a glib tongue and encouraged them to drink, they still only passed out now, after drinking for so long.

Jing Shao heard these words and chuckled. These people wanted to get the military advisor drunk, but it was the military advisor who got them drunk instead. He wanted to pull at his Wang Fei, but realized that Mu Hanzhang had stumbled and tripped over Zhao Meng, who was lying on the ground, and almost fell down. Jing Shao quickly reached out and gathered Mu Hanzhang into his arms. “Jun Qing, did you drink too much?”

“I just sipped on a few drinks.” Mu Hanzhang raised his hand and rubbed his forehead. Feeling rather dizzy, he put his head on Jing Shao’s shoulder and murmured, “This wine is a little strong…”

His words carried the faint scent of wine, and that warm and soft voice with its spoiled tone immediately made Jing Shao feel like a cat was scratching his heart. The itchiness was unbearable. He looked around, and seeing that the group of drunkards weren’t paying them the least bit of attention, Jing Shao picked up his Wang Fei in a princess carry and walked out. When he passed by Zhao Meng, he couldn’t help kicking the other man again. He then turned to exit the tent, without a second thought for the people left behind.