Seventy-five

Hi,

I noticed that some of you are confused as to how Dahlia is alive so I'll explain it real quick.

Chapter 72 was what really happened. It ended with Jada using the cruciatus curse on Dahlia and that was real.

Chapter 73 was a nightmare that George had. He dreamt about the whole thing but in his dream, Dahlia also died because that's his fear.

Jada's goal was to kill Dahlia but Hermione had gone looking for Dia and tracked her down to Malcolm's office where it all happened.

Hermione is the reason that Dia is alive.

-
Epilogue
Dahlia

Sighing, I ran my hands through my hair while staring at myself in the mirror.

Smoothing my hands down the material of my dress — I was tired.

George was downstairs with Elsie and Leah. Roxanne, the twins and Maggie were with Molly and Arthur and Freddie was at his boyfriend's flat which he had been for a few days.

It was the end of August and we were going to a funeral.

Malcolm's funeral.

It was difficult. I had a past with him. Not necessarily a good past but a past.

We had some good moments before he started being violent and I knew he wanted to change, but he didn't know how.

Now it was too late.

He was dead.

He was gone.

"Dia, darling?" George appeared in the doorway and I turned to look at him.

He hesitated when he saw me.

"Are you okay?"

I shrugged.

This hurt probably more than it should, especially knowing how he died. Knowing that it was all my fault.

I won the custody battle and I forbid him from ever seeing Leah or Elsie again. That's when he started drinking again.

That's what he died from.

He drank too much one day and it led to alcohol poisoning.

It happened two weeks ago and now we were burying him.

"When are we leaving?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips, and George pushed himself away from the doorway to approach me.

"I asked you first." He said, cupping either side of my neck to make me look up at him. "So I'm gonna ask you again. Are you okay?"

I shook my head.

"I was scared that this would happen." I said. "He drank himself to death and I did nothing."

George ran his hands up to my jaw and leaned down to kiss me.

"He's been a lost cause for a long time." He said. "You tried to help multiple times. It isn't your fault."

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and I hugged him, my head resting against his chest.

"I took his kids away from him for good... that's why he started drinking again."

"So? That isn't on you. He chose to pick up a drink. His sister tortured you, almost killed you so no one can blame you for wanting to protect Leah from him and his family."

I sighed and tilted my head back to stare up at George.

"Jeremy is probably going to be at the funeral."