3| Chapter 47; Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"Aish why are you so careless?" He asked, flicking my forehead after he handed me the glass. I winced in pain and pouted at him. "I was hungry....especially since my marshmallows kept being eaten by Eunwoo!" I whined. Joshua raised his eyebrow at me, his jaw clenched and he averted his eyes elsewhere but on me. "Then stop always being with him then." He answered.

I narrowed my eyes at him, i pursed my lips and with a marshmallow in my mouth drew closer to him and opened my arms to him. "What are you doing?" He asked in confusion, disgust forming on his face at my mouth which I'm guessing has marshmallows excess everywhere.

Without a warning I hugged him, he was caught off guard at this and glared down at me as I giggled. "Jesus Y/N, clean that mouth of yours!" He scolded, grabbing a tissue from the table and wiping my mouth clean. I huffed, pouting my lips as he continued on wiping so I tightened my grip around him. "What is it." He asked, eyes not meeting mine as he crumpet the tissue and threw it in the trash bin near the table next to us. I grinned widely. "What." He asked again, this time his eyes met mine and a lion of concern flashed for a few seconds as to why I was suddenly being like this.

"I can't leave Eunwoo alone, he's my best friend!" I pouted. Referring to what he had said earlier in the previous conversation. Joshua rolled his eyes. "I'm your best friend, aren't I?!" He asked, I shook my head in denial. This made Joshua gasp in disbelief, he narrowed his eyes at me and tried to free himself from my grip but I only tightened it.
In the end he struggled to breath from the lack of oxygen cause I'm pretty sure I was already crushing his ribs and organs together right now so he gave up and just let me do what I wanted. I quickly snatched this opportunity and tiptoed.

"Joshua." I called out to him sweetly.

He pouted but still looked at me, a sad frown on his face which made me giggle. He frowned harder to the point I had to let him go and try to smooth his frown lines. "Don't frown, you'll get lines here." I reprimanded.

Joshua stayed still and watched me smooth it, his frown slowly softening as he looked at me with big wondering eyes. Once I finished I looked at him, a smile displayed on my face and cheerily said, "You're not my best friend." He pouted even more. I chuckled. "But you're my double best friend forever!" I ended with a big smile that showed my gums, Joshua blushed and fought back a smile that threatened to appear so I gave him a little tickle and he was laughing along with me.

"You little fool." He pinched my nose, I whined in response and softly hit his chest but then slipped my arms around his waist again before looking up at him lovingly.

How did I get so lucky?

He was just drop dead gorgeous even from a view where usually the average human would look like an ape. No offense. His nostrils flared and I snorted when he pursed his lips like a duck. "Also are you perhaps....jealous my love?" I referred to the conversation before, Joshua averted his eyes and displayed just a blank expression. "No, why should I?" Joshua immediately denied, I raised an eyebrow at him, he still kept his eyes elsewhere. "Well whatever." In the end I decided to drop it and grabbed his hand, tugging him along with me to sit down and roast more marshmallows.

***

I woke up in at 3 in the morning from excruciating pain in my abdomen, it was so painful that one movement was all it took for the pain to get worse but even by staying the pain still continued to linger. My eyebrows knitted in confusion, did I eat to too much marshmallows?

No I doubt that, as much as I love it I didn't eat more than I was allowed to. I peeked beside me, Joshua was sleeping soundly with soft snores emitting from him as his chest slowly rose up and down. I clutched rightly onto my sleeping gown, furrowing my eyebrows as the pain worsened when I sat up to get me some painkillers. The room was dark but I could still see the outlines of the area and quickly found the light buttons to the door. I slowly opened it, being careful not to make a sound to disturb Joshua while I glanced at the dimly lit hallways and squinted my eyes trying to find the one that led to the kitchen.

I stepped out, immediately the cold breeze overcame me and I shivered. It was too late to grab a jacket now and I quickly walked in the hallway with my hands rubbing myself to keeps myself warm.

All while I was also still in major pain.

Once I managed to make it to the kitchen I crept to the cabinets where my brother had medication and first aid kits just in case of an emergency and rummaged through the cabinets after I turned the lights on, I found a strap of painkillers and popped one out before grabbing a glass and filling it with water. Then I proceeded to pop it into my mouth with water in, trying to avoid the bitterness. I waited a bit, the pain was still there but it got less as a few minutes went by that I went and sat down on the kitchen couch, yes there's a couch here and please refrain from asking. I was surprised to find out that there was one big ass couch just casually here next to the pantry.

With a coffee table and a tv.

Yes you heard me right.

I sighed in relief when my body came in contact with the softness of the couch, I laid there in silence while staring at the ceiling. I didn't want to go back to my room, I felt too tired and exhausted so I decided to just stay on the couch. Luckily for me there was a stash of blankets of pillows in one of the cabinets, my dad fell asleep here quite often so he always has these here.

I carefully propped the pillow to make sure I was comfortable enough and threw the blankets over me to keep me from probably getting hypothermia.

Eventually I fell asleep.

***

"Y/N? Oi Y/N!" A nudge disrupted my sleep, I groaned in annoyance and with eyes closed wiped my drool away. Once my eyes adjusted to my surroundings, I stared down at the person in front of me who was dressed in his pajamas with a teddy bear in his arm, cuddling it while he looked down at me with a curious gaze. "Is there something wrong?" I asked in confusion, raising my eyebrow at him. Shotaro crouched down, taking my hand in his as he examined my face. "You look pale....like sickly pale, are you alright? Why are you out here?" He asked, concern lacing his soft voice in hopes that he could get something out of me. I sighed, the warmth of my older brother comforted me from the coldness that suddenly hugged my body.

"I woke up because I felt a bit of pain. Don't worry I'm alright now." I assured. Shotaro glanced me a look of worry but nodded in response, not wanting to push against something he knew he probably shouldn't push.

"Alright...I made hot chocolate for both of us." Shotaro gave me a smile, handing me a mug filled with hot chocolate carefully as to not burn me. I thanked him, Shotaro ruffles my hair and bend down to kiss my forehead before sitting beside me as we both drank out of our mugs in a comforting silence. I slightly pulled the blanket over me, the cold was only just harshly brushing my skin which caused chills down my spine. "Are you cold?" I nodded, "A bit freezing not going to lie." I added, Shotaro stood up and placed the mug on the table as he went over to the pantry. He was gone for a few minutes. I drank all of my hot chocolate. Also covering my body with the blankets even more afterwards when I realized that it's only getting colder and colder and not quite helping my situation.

After a while Shotaro appeared again, this time the room suddenly started to feel warm. "I forgot to turn on the heater." He confessed in embarrassment. I shook my head, a smile crept up to my face.

——
47