I pushed the doors of the building open to see Ms.Kang at the reception as per usual.

"Morning, Sunwoo-ah!" she greeted.

"Morning Ms.Kang! Do you know whether Sohee is here?" I asked the lady.

"Mhm. She's in the studio," she informed.

"Ah~ thank you!" I thanked before leaving to the lift lobby.

I took the lift up and headed to the studio. I opened the door to hear a very familiar song playing in the speakers.

"Didn't you write this song for your final year exam in Hanlim?" I asked.

"The one that gave me a Diploma with Distinction from Hanlim? Mhm," the girl bragged.

"I should leave now," I blurted, turning around jokingly.

"HEY! NO! Come here!" she shouted at me.

"Okay! Okay! Jeez, no need to scream," I commented closing the studio door behind me.

"Why don't you just use one of our songs?" I asked again.

"I can't be using that 'I work for The Boyz' card. I want to get in by pure effort," she continued, a small pour forming at her lips.

"And you will!" I exclaimed, holding her shoulders between my hands. "What'cha need?" I asked.

"Just help to record me," she simply spoke before hopping into the booth.

"I've recorded the vocal part at home. So, now, it's just the rap and the ad-libs."

"Whenever you're ready," I stated.

She gave me a firm nod and there we were, starting our impromptu recording session.

yeah all my love is gone
look at me sitting on the bathroom floor
crying my lungs out
crying my heart out
never seen me before huh
look who's the liar now
never thought for it to be for this short
never thought for me to be down this much
flying like a bullet, the pain's ripping inside me
and now cupid's arrow's pulling out of me

I was so immersed in her flow till I didn't realise that she was calling me.

"How was that?" she asked. "I changed some parts from the last time but-

"That was... great," I complimented, taking in a deep breath to carry me back to reality. "That was amazing in fact."

"Anything I can improve on?" she asked again.

'Right.'

Shit. I was too immersed to the point where I didn't mr pick up anything. It was my fault though! Her flow was too capturing and luring to not hear.

"The part where you say 'short'... can you silent the T. So it would sound like 'shor-'," I gave my input.

"Oh try to put in a small sigh at the back too!" I continued.

She nodded her head again and we re-recorded.

"That sounds a lot better. You wanna hear?" I asked.

"Yes please," she replied.

'Kiyo~' I thought as I played back the rap for her.

"I love it so much AAAAA," she exclaimed before proceeding to squeal.

"Ma'am the mic is going to break at that frequency and pitch," I pointed out.

Sohee ruffled her eyebrow and poured her lip, making it seem like she was mad at me. But the thing is... she's never mad, except that one time. But... she literally couldn't stay mad for like another hour.

"Let's continue~" I changed the topic.

"Look at you, Producer Kim~" she taunted.

As she let out a laugh, it took every single muscle in my body to not go into the booth and punch her (not violently dw).

"Anyways..." my voice trailed off, prompting the girl to get back.

"Which part do you want to record next?"

Time Skip

Soon, it was about to be five and I had to run off for practice. I was helping Sohee pack up the studio.

"Thank you so much, Sunwoo-yah, for helping to record me," she thanked, coiling up the last few wires.

She placed in a box, which I later closed.

"Don't mention it. I'll do anything for you," I blurted out.

'Did I actually say that?' I freaked out mentally.

We were already walking out of the studio and were about to part ways.

"I hope you get into the college you applied to," I continued, trying to cover up myself from before.

"Thanks, Sunwoo! Have fun at practice!" the girl wished as the lift doors opened.

It was heading down.

Sohee stepped into the lift and waved at me before it closed. When it did, and the screen beside the lift doors showed a number '4', I finally had the chance to mentally hit myself.

How did I- mess up- talking to Sohee.

Before I could rethink or reorganise my thoughts, the door opened once more to show a smiling Chanhee and Kevin. I stepped in not saying a word.

"How was your recording date?" Kevin asked, smiling from ear to ear.

"IT WASN'T-"

"Ah ah ah. If you deny an opinion, it means that it's true," Chanhee joked.

My hands simply formed a claw, waiting for the right moment to pull their throats out.