𝟭.𝟭

It was Friday the following week and I haven't gotten a phone call from the company to come down and record yet

It was Friday the following week and I haven't gotten a phone call from the company to come down and record yet. I was starting to wonder whether they needed more than a week to practise the song. Besides that, I took advantage and liberty of the free time to start and hopefully get through half of my end of year project.

I was in my classroom with my laptop open, as I stared down my melody line and bass line, trying to plan out my accompaniment line. I wanted something new and fresh that isn't commonly found in the music industry of today.

'Maybe I should try looking at the older groups.'

I had my earpieces plugged into the audio jack of my laptop. I changed tabs and opened up Spotify. Before I could even open up a playlist to browse through songs, my phone rang on the table.

I picked it up to see the contact name. 'Ms.Kim' it read.

I could never get over the feeling of getting a call from the company. It was always a rush of adrenaline everytime I got the call. I placed my hand on my chest and I picked up the call.

"Hello?" I started.

"Hello? Sohee? Are you able to come down later today at about 5 to record the song?" Ms.Kim asked, not missing a beat at all.

"5? Yeah sure!" I replied energetically.

"That's great! Please arrive in your normal clothes instead of your school uniform. The group may be filming something to post up after they debut and we wouldn't want their fans to be able to pinpoint you," Ms.Kim said.

"Alright! Will do! Thank you Ms.Kim! Have a nice day!" I thanked.

"You too Sohee!" she replied before hanging up.

I was about to place my phone back down on the table when I remembered to text Jae. I opened up Kakaotalk and dm-ed my brother.

Sohee
i'm recording the vocals
for the group later!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jae
that's amazing
sohee-ahhhhhhh
no pressure but-
usually it's really
professional

Sohee
Ah yes
i definitely do not feel
ANY pressure at all
:D

Jae
just relax and u can do it!
fighting!
have fun while
you're doing it

Sohee
u've got anymore advice
for me?

Jae
hmm mayb try connecting
with the group
considering they're rookies
they may be equally
as nervous as you
they may also be about
your age so liek
use that ig;;
liek be friends with them
so that y'all would be able
to work tgt better...(?)

Sohee
cannn
thanks jae!

Jae
good luck soh

After that, I placed my phone back down and became more determined to finish my end of year project that laid out in front of me.