chapter 6

Family dinner

Dad (Vidar)
First -Jackson 30 (mate Stacie)
Second- Jace 29
Third- Levi 27
Fourth -Landon 25
Fifth - Trenton 23
Sixth- Trevor 22
Seventh - Adeline (Me) 17. (Mate Zander)

Cousins

uncle Tyr's kids
Andrew 26
Toby 24
Alexia 22
Justin 21

Aunt Delphine's kids
James 26
Brice 24
Cory 22
Claire 20

Zander laced our hands together, "what's wrong?" I bit my lip and looked at him through my eye lashes, "they can be a bit much." He chuckled and pulled me into him, "I think I can handle this." I snuggled into his chest. He ran his hand down my back, "my love, it will be fine." I nodded. He pulled away slightly and grabbed my chin and made me look at him. I smiled at him. He leaned down to my ear and whispered, "you are perfect." I blushed and shivered at our close proximity. His hand pulled me closer to him. I let out a little giggle, "Zander!" He chuckled which sent vibrations throughout my body. I snuggled into the safety of his chest once more.

The front door flew open, "what the hell are you two doing?" I grumbled, "I don't want too." Jackson huffed and shut the front door, "this was your idea. You are making us sit through a dinner together which only happens three times a year. Don't get me started on you not wanting to do something. Also. Why the hell is my goddaughter here." I sighed and pulled away from Zander, "she thinks you hate her. Show her you don't." Jackson pulled me into his arms, "how do you do it? She looks just like them. I nodded, "I know. It's hard but seeing her reminds me of them. Her smile and laugh. That beautiful white hair, That's all Emery. Her nose, and facial expressions and Her personality is Carter. She is the best parts of them. She is 4 and she has been through things no child should experience." I pulled away from Jackson and looked him dead in the eye, "protect her like she's your own. That's what Carter and Emery wanted." He frowned, "I can't. Not yet. The humans haven't finished the investigation and I can't risk losing her. I promised Carter I would protect her. I failed him." I shook my head, "you haven't failed anyone. Jack, you are a good alpha. You're a good brother. A good friend.  A good son and you will be a great father." "How do you know that?" I smiled at him, "you've always been the one to protect me." "I'm your brother. It's what we do." I frowned, "no. The others are idiots. Jack, you have always protected me more than the others have. Your like that with the others too. If one of us gets hurt your the first to make sure we're okay. When mom was sick and dad was panicking you were the one to take care of us. To take care of me. I know your going to be a great dad because I've seen those qualities. Just look at it like being a big brother just a little more serious." He frowned, "I'm going to mess these kids up." I shook my head, "Stop. Jackson, they are both going to be amazing." He frowned, "you don't know that." I gave a small smile, "I do. Besides they will have so much love around them that even if you "fail" -with you won't- that they will have people to fall back on." He sighed softly, "how do you know they will be okay?" I looked at Zander who had a small smirk on his lips.

I looked at Jackson again and sighed, "the same way I know Levi and Jackie are mates." His eyes widened, "they are getting stronger." He looked at Zander, "it's barely been a day and it's already getting stronger." Zander grabbed my waist, "we will deal with the humans. The packs shouldn't have to worry about them interfering with their lives. I'll send out a few of my top men to make sure they don't interfere with anymore packs especially yours." Jackson gapped, "w-why Are you helping us? Please don't take that the wrong way. It's just- your the alpha king." Zander chuckled, "and part of my job as the Alpha king is to protect my people. Besides, once Adeline and I complete the mating ceremony, we will be family. I protect my family." I relaxed into Zander more. He continued, "there's also a slight interior motive behind it. I want Addie to have a safe place to come back too. To bring our pups too visit. She has made it extremely clear how important this pack is to her and with that you now have the full protective of the alpha king and Queen." I felt tears prick my eyes. Jackson looked close to tears himself. He looked between us, "thank you." Zander tightened his hold on my waist, "like I said, we're family. Just don't do anything completely stupid." Jackson nodded. Before he smirked, "so when are you going to make us all uncles?" I rolled my eyes, "Jackson." He ran into the house. I huffed, "he's an idiot." Zander chuckled. I spun around in his arms, "thank you. For protecting them." He ran his hand through my hair, "Always. No question about it." I bit my lip.