Giving a sigh, she spied her reflection in the car window, without knowing, a tear was slowly pacing down her cheek.

Gentle violin strums filled her senses, she could almost feel the strings under her touch, the sound was so rich and exquisite she might of decided to just come for the music, have a drink and leave, but her wandering eyes wouldn't let her contribute to a simple thought.

Only a single pair of green eyes were who they searched for, everything was such a blur.

She heard Cara say something about sitting down, so she simply followed but her gaze never focused forward, always around.

"Taylor, have a drink and stop staring, I'm sure she's around here somewhere and plus, you'll need it for tonight."

Feeling a small pat on the back, she faced towards the table and smiled small at Lena.

"Come on, it's okay, there's nothing to worry about okay?"

Taylor nodded quietly, she continued to make a feast to her eyes all that was before her.

The table was delicately set, with ivory colored silk napkins under glass like plates, a giant rose arrangement in the center, and chairs covered in white mantles.

There was a large table on the far left side, filled with foods she'd never even seen in her life, in extremely small portions. Wines of all kinds, and people as well.

Most men dressed in suits, and if they weren't, they sported waiter apparel.

Women were glamour in itself. Their cared for bodies were the envy and almost pure perfection, but their smiles forced, their eyes didn't show as much vanity as their person did. Everyone was simply here for the show, real happiness was far from here, and she knew that better than anyone.

Taylor was sure she was underdressed, all these girls were models, wearing five inch stiletto heels and with hair done by angels almost, accompanying them of course was Cara, the entire reason they've been here.

They all seemed to be holding gentle conversation, even Lena who was by her side was already well engaged with a male model.

She turned her eyes for a minute to try and incorporate herself in some socializing, maybe it would calm her nerves.

Lena smiled as she glanced towards Taylor, and stopped her conversation.

"Oh-by the way, this is my friend Taylor, she came along with me too, looks like she finally decided to join us!"

She smiled shyly and extended her hand towards the man, who was indeed very much attractive, with hypnotic eyes.

"H-Hi, I'm Taylor. Taylor Swift."

She was shocked to find that he took her hand and kissed it, meeting her blue eyes, he spoke politely.

"My pleasure, I'm Sean. You're very beautiful must I say if I can."

Nervously chucking, she rested her hands on her lap and began once again to play with her fingers.

"I bought with me another beautiful lady, I'm sure she can keep you company but I'm not quite sure where she's gone."

Lena turned back her attention to him.

"Have you? Did she tell you where she'd go?"

Sean shook his head and denied.

"Nope. I don't know actually out of a sudden she just stopped talking and claimed she needed fresh air, she's a model as well but maybe she'd seen one of her old friends."

Lena nodded and didn't pay much attention, but as Taylor's eyes seemed a bit blurry from the nerves of comforting Karlie, she dared to ask.

"Where do you think she could've gotten some fresh air, I'm not really feeling like a champ."

Holding his wine glass to his lips, he nodded towards a flight of stairs towards the entrance.

"Probably gone up there, this morning we talked on a small balcony table. She likes to think and doesn't talk much but, I'm sure your company wouldn't do her wrong."

Taylor adverted her eyes with uncertainty.

Afraid of making an actual model uncomfortable, and even give her a bad mood over a childish issue, maybe she had harder things to deal with.

"Go on, Taylor. I'm sure she won't mind, up the stairs to the right, there's a room so you just go through it and the balcony follows after. It'll do you good, you do seem a tad pale."

Taylor nodded slowly and smiled.

"Y-Yeah, thank you, Sean. I'll get going now, but I'll be back."

Both at the table nodded and assured her they would be here when she returned.

She walked past the small groups of people who payed her no mind, as she walked up the stairs, Taylor balanced on the railing, her mind was so off, for a moment she felt dizzy. She wasn't sure why but she promised she would go back to the hotel as soon as she got back.

Paintings of all sorts decorated the beige walls in the hallway, there were many doors but the first to her right was the one Sean had told her led to the open space.

As she was about to turn the knob, she noticed it was slightly agape, indicating his friend was there, all lights where off and all she saw was what seemed to be a woman, leaning on the railing of the balcony.

For a second, she pondered walking out and maybe leaving her for a second, but she took the step back, for some reason her body did the opposite and walked across the room.

Taylor pursed her lips and crossed her arms, shyly, she walked towards the girl, and noticing her physical figure more closely, her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach.

Her mouth dry, her hands froze and tightened the grip around herself.

She was numb, she couldn't move.

Adrenaline and fear ran inside her.

Taylor's heartbeat jumped to her eardrums.

Before she could register the woman turning around, her mouth went dry, she knew.

All blood drained from her expression, as her lips mouthed the broken name.

"K-Karlie."

•••