- a b y s s -

• t w e n t y - s i x •

"Cara?"

The model pulled out her earphones at the sound of Taylor's voice.

"Yes, Taylor?"

"Um-are you sure Josh was okay with us coming with you?"

The girl with the blue oceans fiddled with her fingers, a sign of uncertainty, also she bit her lip.

"What? Of course, to be honest I think he even agreed a bit, there's nothing to worry about, I am The Cara after all."

She saw Taylor nod her head and continued her conversation with Lena while unpacking the few things they bought with them.

It was actually true, what she'd told her, Josh had strangely agreed, nothing even said about it, now that she thought about it.

Just a simple; yeah just come back before next week. That was it.

It was odd, but she didn't take mind to it, there was too much to focus on.

Ever since they had arrived, everything seemed like a daydream, she had been granted a special pass since she was the talent to attend the dinner pre-party. All three girls weren't accustomed to this treatment of royals.

Taylor watched herself in the mirror, to think that a week ago she'd been desiring death, and now she felt in the clouds, so close to Karlie. Her Karlie, the one who'd kissed her under the tree at the park, the same Karlie with the always they'd promised.

Her black dress only rose to a little over her knee, with a few glitters on the neck line, long sleeved to cover her bruises, and the complimentary dark flat slip-ons.

She admitted to herself that she still seemed tired, her dark spots under her eyes wouldn't go away with makeup, and she didn't feel strong enough for heels.

Besides always being a few sizes over Cara, this dress had been intended for her, but it had fit Taylor perfectly, which made her feel uneasy. How lost had she been lately?

The knot of nerves caught in her throat once she thought of how Karlie would be tonight, if she should even approach her, hell; if she could.

Taylor hated the thought of coming all her way here, to back out from nerves or something stupid. Griping her fists, she took a deep breath and reminded herself that this would be the last time she'd come back for Karlie, and if it didn't work, then this would be the end.

That's it. The end of both of them, she didn't know whether she could handle it after, but sometimes to her; dying didn't seem like such a bad idea.

The clamor of both Lena and Cara coming into the room snapped her away from her previous thoughts, and her excitement with a touch of anxiety, rose significantly.

"Who's ready to see the meeting of the century in the most romantic city on planet Earth?"

Lena, with a glass of wine in one hand, let out a laugh.

"I am! Let's go ladies, this dinner starts in half an hour and I can't wait any longer."

Both girls pulled Taylor from the suite, heading towards the dining hall in some place she couldn't pronounce, Taylor was a jumble of thoughts and words in the back of their escort car.

Lena and Cara pulling it off immediately and joking around, not having a care in the world, but she did.

Her blue ponds gazed on the beautiful lights of the rustic buildings of Paris, their almost roman style physique intrigued her, and she wished with all her heart that she had been here with Karlie instead, in a far different situation than she was now.