Flustered in the Hot Tub

Start from the beginning

I watch George's eyes turn to mine and my lips slightly part. The sun shines down on his face perfectly, lighting up his freckled cheeks and making his dark hair shine. 

Sapnap opens the back door and we both look over at him. 

"Hot tub time!" he says and races across the lawn. I get up and follow, George right behind me. 

The three of us sit in the warm water up to our shoulders, Sapnap and George talk about stupid stuff and argue, but I feel at ease. I completely agree with George's statement from earlier. It's hard to imagine that this wasn't the norm only a week ago. George and Sapnap have been just pixels on a screen and robotic voices in my headphones for so long. It's a good change of pace to have them here in Florida, spending time with me because they can, and because they care. 

My thoughts are interrupted when Sapnap says, "Dream."

I look over at him and George. 

"How long have you been able to turn into a little blob?" Sapnap asks.

"I think my whole life."

"How does it happen again?"

"Usually only when I get flustered and blush. It's weird, I know." I pull my arms out of the water and tuck them on the edge of the hot tub behind me. 

Sapnap smiles and turns to George. "Make him change into a blob."

"What? Sapnap, no," George retorts. 

I roll my eyes. "I knew you were going to do this."

Sapnap continues to smile mischievously. "Do what? Nothing." He nudges George shoulder. "Do it, George." 

George swats his hand away. "No. That's rude."

I laugh at their bickering. Sapnap starts tickling George and he squirms away. 

"Stop! Sapnap."

Sapnap and I laugh at him before I say. "Okay, Sapnap. That's enough."

Sapnap pulls away and looks at George who is trying to regain his composure. 

"What the heck, Dream?" George says angrily.

I look over at him in confusion. "What? I wasn't the one tickling you."

"You were supposed to help me," he pouts.

I pout back, fakely. "Oh boohoo. I'm not a simp."

George rolls his eyes. "Oh yeah? Well, maybe I will make you blush."

I laugh and then realize he is being serious when Sapnap pumps his fist in the air. 

"Wait, but actually don't. It's kind of annoying." 

George scoots over to where I am and I scoot away. 

"Okay, wait. I'm sorry. Don't-" I try, but George keeps coming closer. 

He grabs my bicep and pulls me towards him. My eyes go wide as our faces are suddenly inches apart. 

Sapnap starts chanting, "D N F! D N F!"

George smirks at me, eyes flicking down to look at my parted lips. 

"Don't George," I plead. "I thought it was my birthday."

His eyes move back to my terrified emerald ones. "You don't want your birthday present?" His voice is confident, almost cocky, as Sapnap eggs him on. 

I focus all my energy to not get embarrassed. "It depends on the present," I muster, my eyes drift down to George's lips and back up to his dark eyes. 

Sapnap chuckles. "Are we going to kiss right now?" he quotes with hysterical laughter. 

George pulls away in defeat. "Sorry Sapnap. I tried my best."

"Your best?" Sapnap scoffs. "Your best would be riding him."

George and I burst into complaints, splashing Sapnap and yelling. George goes back to punching him as the heat rises to my cheeks. I catch the blush on George's cheeks as he attacks Sapnap with a flurry of fists and it only makes me more flustered. 

I groan in annoyance, catching their attention. "Sapnap, you idiot!" I yell at him as I feel my gut twist and I raise my hands to hide my face in embarrassment. 

Sapnap laughs as I shrink into a blob and float on the surface of the bubbling hot tub. George quickly scoops me into his hands. 

He looks over at Sapnap in annoyance. "Sapnap! Look what you did. Now he's a cute blob."

Sapnap rolls his eyes. "That must be so horrible for you."

I try shifting back before remembering the prying eyes. Nothing happens and I lay in George's warm fingers in embarrassment. 

At least I get to feel George's hand again...

George hits Sapnap's arm hard enough to hear the crack of his hand on skin. George laughs, and Sapnap deserved it. 

Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out! The previous chapters were pre written and I never got to writing the later chapters until now. I'm almost finished with the story! Thanks for reading! <3

1486 words