Roller Skating Flustered

Sapnap and George had been in Florida with me for 5 days, and tomorrow was my 22nd birthday.

After I showed Sapnap my shapeshifting curse, he had been shocked for a while. We continued on with the day, but I kept getting strange glances from him. Occasionally I would catch him looking at me, staring at my hands and my legs as if trying to make sure I was still real. We watched a movie that night and George and I somehow fell asleep on the couch together. It had been a long day, in our defense.

* * *
I wake up wrapped in warmth. I shift into the warm feeling allowing myself to be enveloped. I hum sleepily.

"Dream," a tired voice asks, interrupting my sleep.

"Mm-yeah?"

"Why... umm, you're squishing me."

My eyebrows scrunch together. "No," I mumble.

The warmth shifts under me and I squeeze my eyes open. I lay face to face with George, my arms wrapped around his waist, pulling him flush against my body. My eyes focus and I catch George's flushed cheeks, splattered with freckles. I pull my arms away and move to sit up only succeeding in pushing George off the couch. He yelps and pulls me with him and I crash into his body making him let out a loud, "Ah-oof," and a huff of air.

"George, I'm sorry, I-" My face heats up as I stumble off of him, my mind still clouded by sleep. I can't get my legs and arms to coordinate and I end up squirming on George's body. He has his eyes closed tight and his hands desperately move to push me off. Once I am on my knees, George sits up in front of me, pulling his legs up to his chest.

I cover my face with my hands. "Oh gosh... that was embarrassing." I feel a tingling in my chest and I take a shaky breath. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... cuddle, or sleep with you..." I face palm from embarrassment and shrink to the floor, blessing the heavens above that I couldn't speak as a blob.

George gives me an awkward smile after I have shrunk to the floor. "It's, umm, it's alright Dream." He scoops me into his hands and places me on the couch. "I'll come back when you're back to normal." He gives me one more uneasy smile and leaves me on the couch cushions.

I sigh to myself. Why am I so awkward?

After I grow back to size I head into the kitchen and see George eating cereal scrolling through Twitter.

"George?"

He turns to look at me shoving another bite of Reese's Puffs in his open mouth.

"I'm really, really sorry about that. I didn't mean to fall asleep with you. I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable." I lean on my hands, that are propped up on the counter, and dip my head in apology.

"No, no. It's fine Dream. We were both too tired to go to bed anyway. Plus... you kept me warm."

I look up at him and watch as he takes another bite of cereal. His eyes flick up to mine then back to the cereal before he pulls out his phone to scroll through twitter again.

"Good," I say with a sigh of relief, before pouring myself a bowl of cereal as well. I take a seat next to George and watch as he scrolls through twitter.

"What are we doing today?" he asks after another 10 minutes of looking at his phone.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

George gives a small smile. "It's your birthday. Don't you want to do something fun? You're not going to make me pick are you?"

I look at George's coffee eyes in astonishment. How did I forget that today is my birthday?