Flustered in Florida

The day came for them to fly out, sooner than expected. George was going to arrive 3 hours before Sapnap since he booked so much of an earlier flight.

I was nervous for the text message from George saying his flight landed and I could go pick him up. I wanted to be fully in control of my emotions in case he pulled a fast one on me.

The other thing was that he had never seen my face before and I didn't know if things would be weird.

My phone buzzes and I nearly have a heart attack.

"Just landed :)
Can't wait to see you."

It was from George.

My eyes go wide as I reread the message. I feel like shrinking, but I take a deep breath and grab my keys off my desk.

The drive to the airport seems to last forever. My thoughts run wild thinking of all the ways to avoid shrinking into a Dream blob. And ways to explain myself in case I did. And ways to escape the situation if possible.

Soon enough I'm pulling up to the airport. I find a good place to park and make my way inside.

He doesn't know what I look like, but I know what he looks like. How do I swing this?

I call him. Easiest way.

The phone rings once before he picks up.

"Dream!" His voice is enthusiastic.

"George!" I smile happily at his tone. "Where are you?"

"I'm at the airport, dummy."

I chuckle. "I know that. What gate?"

"I'm actually at the food court."

I know where that is. I start heading in the direction. I feel my nervousness bubbling in my stomach. "Umm... how was your flight?" I try to spill my nerves before I freak out.

"Good, good... well, it kinda sucked actually," he laughs and I laugh with him.

"Good. I mean... no. I'm sorry." I whimper at my awkwardness. No time to get embarrassed Dream. Get it together!

I spot the food court and pick up my pace. "Why are you at the food court? Did you get food or something?" I try to take my brain off of my nervousness again.

"I was going to, but I'm not feeling very hungry right now."

"Because of your flight or...?"

"Because, I'm nervous," he admits after a pause, "to see you..."

Oh... he, oh. Wait? He's just as nervous as I am? Why? He's not hiding the fact that he is a literal shapeshifter. What would he be nervous about...? Seeing me?

I feel my cheeks warm and I beeline for the restroom. "Hold on George."

I quickly jump into a stall and mute my call. I take deep breaths trying not to think about his words, but they echo through my head. I'm nervous to see you...My legs turn to jelly as I cling to the stall walls.

"No, no, no..."

I shrink down until I am as tall as the gap between the floor and the stall walls. I close my eyes in frustration. How was I supposed to meet George in person if he could do this to me over the phone? There was no chance I was going to make it.

My heart rate sky rockets when I realize, he is at the airport waiting for me, right now. I have no choice. There is no turning back, I just have to get control of myself.