Hidden in the Sand - (Alef x Reader)

Start from the beginning

Alef basked under the sun's rays, not having felt this relaxed in a long while. He's so busy with princely duties he almost has no time for himself. Work seemed to pile on him by the hour, and sometimes endure sleepless nights with countless of homework to do. But now, this was a time where he could just unwind and not worry about missing his studies.

"Hm, hm, hmm, hm, hm, hm, hmmm..."

The prince stopped his tracks, hearing someone humming a nice sounding tune. Their voice echoed inside the caves he was in, the sounds travelling into his ears. Curious, Alef went out of tunnels he was in into the waterfall, where a few jellyfish liked to hang out. He got closer and noticed the person's voice was coming from the opening of the cave, where Shelly liked to collect seashells by the shore from time to time.

And he noticed you. 

You sat on one of the blue lawn chairs with your legs crossed, and holding a red ukulele in your hands. Alef slowly treaded his way to you, but not enough for you to see him. He stood quietly, as your hands move across the fretboard and your fingers began to strum the instrument. You cleared your throat. 

"We were playing in the sand. And you found a little band..."

You sang the first verse out, your dainty fingers strumming along the strings of the ukulele. 

"You told me you fell in love with it, hadn't gone as I planned..." 

Alef's lips parted at the sound of your singing, surprised. It was the most loveliest thing that entered his ears...

"When you had to a bid adieu. Said you'd never love anew..." 

The prince even found himself taking another step, wanting to hear more of your singing voice. His breath hitched, his eyes sparkled, and smiled to himself. 

"I'd wondered if I could hold it and fall in love with it too..." 

Alef was surely falling in love. He was so entranced by you. Were you some kind hypnotist? Because you definitely had him in your clutches. 

"You told me to buy a pony, but all I wanted was you..." 

You hummed and plucked more notes of the song. Alef attempted to hum along with you. As you finished your last verse, you gave a little gasp when you heard clapping from behind you. You turned to see a hooded person walk up to you, clapping their hands together. 

"That was spectacular!" They exclaimed happily. You blushed and smiled bashfully, whooshing your hand at them. "Haha, it wasn't really.." The hooded person gave you a incredulous look. "Are you kidding me! It was beautiful! The song, your voice, everything!"

"Oh, ho, thank you. No one's ever really said that to me before." You said, adverting your gaze away. "What's your name stranger?" 

"Oh! Uh, well I think it would be better if I showed you. You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you." They slowly lifted their hood to reveal their true identity. 

You gasped in shock. "Prince Alef?!"

Alef nervously chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Yep! That's me..." 

You stood up and placed your ukulele on your seat, curtseying at Alef. "It is an honor to see you my prince." 

"Please stand up, there is no need for such formalities. Call me Alef." He said. You stood up for your courtesy, a little taken aback of how casual the prince seem to act. You thought he'd be more stern and serious. However, a princely side of his slipped when he took your hand gently and kissed your knuckle. Your face flared red, knowing how many people would envy you to be in your place. "Apologies, I have not asked your name yet. What's your name, songbird?"