Chapter Seventeen

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"It was back when I was 12. My family was always super close to one another and we cared deeply about each other. I obviously have an older sister and she always looked out for me, making sure I was doing okay. She was my role model and I loved her dearly. But one day, I heard yelling coming from the far wing of our house and then my sister stormed out of the room, absolutely furious. My father screamed after her and she rushed past me to her room. I followed her out of curiosity and saw her forcefully packing a bag of some clothes and sentimental things. I asked her what she was doing and she just said 'I'm going away for a bit, I'll be back'. The smile on her face was fake, but I didn't realize it back then. I was young and naïve. She then kissed my forehead and walked out of the front door, never turning back. I didn't realize it, but I watched the person I trusted and loved so much walk out of my life. She always made me feel apart of everything and after that, I was just alone. I waited for her to come back, but she never did. She left me all alone and after that, my parents became more rude and strict to me because they had to 'keep an eye on me and make sure I didn't do the same thing'. That's why a few years later, I ran away from home and became a sea scavenger. I hated those three years of being alone; it scarred me."

Oh my god.

I felt absolutely terrible that she had to go through that. She was only twelve and the person she looked up to just left her. A few tears slipped out of her eyes and she just wiped them away, sniffling a bit.

"What's her name?" I asked my girl as I held her hand softly, rubbing my thumb on the back of it.

"Alice."

That name sounds familiar. I racked my brain to try and figure out where I've heard the name Alice Park before. Then it hit me,

"I've met her."

"Huh?" Rosie said, completely confused.

"I've met her. It was when my parents left me and I wanted to get some food from a market stall, so I resorted to stealing. I got caught and your sister came over and helped me." I told her the basics of the story.

"Really?" Rosie said, perking up a bit, "did she say anything about where she was going?" I shook my head and her little excitement vanished,

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay," She said quietly, keeping to herself once more, "I just miss her."

"You'll see her again. When we get back to the mainland we can go looking for her. She told me to find her if I needed anything. And I now need something from her: I need her to reunite with her younger sister."

"You'd do that for me?"

"Of course I would." I told her with a smile. She gave me a small smile back, moving her head over so it was resting in my lap. Her body was contorted kind of uncomfortably, but she didn't say anything about it and just nuzzled her head against me. I smiled down at her and took a hand and ran my fingers calmingly through her hair.

"Go to sleep Rosie, I'll be here when you wake up." She just hummed and closed her eyes, drifting off into slumber. I rested my head back against the wall and also closed my eyes, falling into a light sleep.

~~~~~

I was awoken with a few pokes in my side. I shifted around annoyed and cracked an eye open,

"May I help you?"

"Yes you can. Can you get me some mangos?" Rosie asked me, giving me her best pleading eyes. I sighed and gently moved her head off of my lap back onto our bed,

"Yeah I can, just give me 15 minutes." She smiled up at me,

"Thank you babe." I smiled back at her and pressed a kiss on her lips. It was a sweet kiss and I soon was outside walking towards the jungle with Rosie's sword since my spear still wasn't finished. I was practicing using her sword and if anyone saw me right now, I'd be completely embarrassed because I was making sound effects with my mouth.