four

you were in the huge room where you would prepare the players dinner. i looked at the box and sighed. an egg and water in a glass bottle? god, this place is horrible. everyone almost died and they get rewarded with a boiled egg?
some reward.

we carried the crates to the players room and once again, everyone was asked to line up. as everyone got their dinner, there was this tall, and scary looking guy. he took the egg and bottle from my hands. "this it is?" he asked. of course i couldn't answer him. i can't talk unless my superior allows it.

he grunted under his breath and walked away. i continued to hand out food. then there were four players left that were lined up but there was no more food to give them. "w-what?? there's no more food? we haven't gotten ours yet!" a player exclaimed. "hey we didn't get our meals either!" the player behind him spoke.

the supervisor walked towards them. "we prepared food for the exact number of players." he said. "then where is ours? please sir we need to eat!" the player said about to touch the supervisor. the supervisor pointed a gun to his head. "it was prepared for the exact number." he spoke again.

"excuse me" a lady from the crowd spoke. "it was them." she said pointing a group of men and one woman. "they skipped the line and got seconds. i saw it." she said still pointing at them. everyone stared at them. "yah what's the matter everybody? jeez. have you never seen a guy eat before? is that it? shit." player 101 spoke, his mouth filled with food.

the player who didn't get his food, player 271, approached the group. "who do you think you are? that's my food you just ate!" he said yelling. player 101 chuckled. "ahh so is this yours?" he asked holding up the glass bottle. "is your name on it? cause i sure don't see it?" he said, pretending to look around the bottle. his group laughed.

player 271 stared at them in disbelief. "give me that!" he said charging at player 101. "give it back! it's mine!" he said trying to grab the bottle from player 101's hands. "give it back to me!" he yelled before he was thrown onto the floor, while the glass bottle shattered. player 101 stared at the bottle before approaching player 271 and grabbing him by the collar.

"you little shit. why did you break it you jerk? how was this, huh?" he said punching player 271 across the face sending him back to the floor. everyone gasped. you stared in shock. you could see in the distance that everyone else was just as shocked as you were.

"how come a scrawny guy like you is so greedy with food? you piece of shit!" player 101 yelled in frustration while kicking player 271. "yah listen up! you should learn to share!" player 101 said using all his strength to kick player 271. he kept kicking him out of anger. he wasn't stopping. why isn't any other player stopping him??

"is it too hard you dumbass?!?" he grunted, still kicking the other player. player 101 kept yelling whatever he could. "you bastard! what the hell? you shithead!" he kicked him one last time before stopping. all that you could hear was player 101 panting and player 271 groaning in pain.

you could see that player 218 and player 456 was approaching player 271 while player 101 was walking away to pick up the bottle. player 271 was laying on the floor unconscious, with blood coming out of him. player 218 shook him a little. "hey, are you okay? yah, wake up" he spoke, checking his pulse. he looked up at player 456. "he's dead" he spoke, in disbelief with his own words.

everyone whispered, scared. player 456 kneeled down on one leg to confirm if player 271 was actually dead. "can someone do something?" player 456 said, standing up. you could tell how worried he was. "hey! didn't you hear that? a person died." he said approaching the guards. he pointed back to the dead man on the floor. "that man there just died. look, that man was killed." he said again.

"that bastard...that bastard just killed him." he said pointing at player 101. no one was doing anything else. player 456 started yelling upset. he looked around frantically for cameras and looked directly at it. he started yelling again. but nothing happened.

"player 271, eliminated" the woman on the pa spoke. the number of players in the tv went down by one while more money was added. the door opened and two guards holding a coffin came in. everyone just stared not knowing what to think while player 101 looked amused.

after that, all guards left including you. it was almost time for lights out. while you were heading back to your room, the halls were filled with guards running off to different directions. you were confused but shrugged, too tired to acknowledge what's going on. besides, if they needed me they would've told me what was happening.

the next day, you got dressed, and left your room standing in front of your door waiting for the head count to be finished. we walked into a completely white room which hurt your eyes. it's so early in the morning and the room is so bright.  then you saw the players walk inside the room while examining the walls and what not.

the woman on the pa announced that the next game requires a group of people. soon i saw people scatter trying to recruit more members for the group. i saw player 456 look for more people while i saw sae-byeok approach a girl who was sitting at the stairs. i could tell that they were talking but i couldn't quite hear what they were saying.

i was happy for sae-byeok because she finally would have another friend to talk to. i mean, it's not like she can always talk to me. it'd be nearly impossible to even have a long conversation. i'm a guard with stuff to do while she's a player who'll get suspected as someone who knows someone from the game. then it will lead people to think she's a cheater.

i don't want that for her. although i felt a little jealous. i was fine with that. i'd rather feel jealous than to have her be alone and have no other girl to talk to.

wow thank you so much for all the love and support you all have been giving this book so far! i'm so thankful for you guys and ily <3