two

saebyeok's pov

some guards came into our room while holding their guns. the guard with a square on its mask spoke. "you have all made it through the first game. congratulations. you're moving on. i will now announce the results of the first game." i looked around trying to see what everyone else thought of this.

the tv screen above the guards beeped showing the number of players going down. 456 going all the way down to 201. "out of 456 players, 255 were eliminated, and 201 players successfully completed the first game." some people gasped, some people whispered to the person beside them. i just kept focus on the guard.

all of a sudden, a woman comes out of the crowd. "mister, please. listen, i'm so sorry. i swear i will pay what i owe." she sobbed, while holding her hands together in front of her. "i'll do it, i'll pay it all." she cried, falling on her knees. "please, sir. i have a child. oh, so young, i need to register, and i still need to name my child, sir." she continued crying.

"please, sir, let me leave!" she begged. another woman came up, doing the same thing and falling to her knees. soon enough, everyone was doing the same thing. dropping to her knees and begging to the guards to let them leave.

i couldn't bring myself to do it. i will never kneel and beg for someone's mercy. it's pathetic. just like these people. "there seems to be a misunderstanding. we are not trying to hurt you or collect your debts." the square guard spoke up.

"let me remind you that we're here to give you a chance." the guard said calmly. he was cut off by some guy telling him that shooting us when we lose a kid game wasn't the type of chance we should be getting. another guy butted in by saying "we may be in debt, but that doesn't justify killing us all!"

"this is just a game." the guard replied. i scoffed. a game? killing those who couldn't stay still during red light, green light was a game?? they're absolutely sick. a guy replied but i didn't quite hear what he said.

"they were simply eliminated for breaking the rules of the game. if you just follow the rules, you can leave this place safely with the prize money we promised." the guard said. tsk. he probably thought that would make us stay.

everyone continued to beg the guards to let them go. "consent form clause 1. a player is not allowed to stop playing." the guard reminded us. everyone started talking about how the police will come soon since we were "missing".

the guard continued to say another consent form clause. then a guy stepped up reminding the guard about the third consent form clause. where if every player agrees to stop the game, they will stop it. the guard confirmed his words.

great. i can leave this hell hole. then they said before they start the vote, they shall show us the money. the lights dimmed, then ringing that you would hear from gameshows could be heard as money started falling into this huge, transparent, piggy bank.

i couldn't believe my eyes. the money kept falling. it felt like it was going on forever. after what felt like a whole 20 minutes, which it wasn't, the money finally stopped falling. i looked to the floor and started thinking. i need this money. i need it for my brother, my mom. just my whole family. that's it, i change my mind.

they then put a table with two buttons on it in front of us. a green button with a circle and a red button with an x. then the screen that was above them changed. a green circle and a red x with a number zero below the both of them.

the guards said what button is for what and everyone started voting. it seemed like the votes would alternate between no and yes. then it was my turn. with no hesitation i pressed the green button. i had to.

after everyone went it was just the old man's turn to vote. i mentally wished for him to press the green button like i did. the guard had to remind him what button was which. then after a few seconds, he pressed the red button. half the people cheered while i hung my head low in disappointment.

some people were yelling saying that since we want to stay, they should keep us here. and the people who want to leave can leave. the guards refused. the room filled with gas and everything went black.

i then felt that i was in a moving vehicle. i felt someone pick me up and throw me out. shit. i get my skin scrape against the cement. i heard a man struggle behind me, so i i asked him to help untie my arms. then a few seconds later i felt my arm move around. i was able to remove my blindfold and see player 456.

aish. why is it always him. i quickly untied my legs and and put my clothes on.

y/n's pov

you heard the pa system turn on. you got dressed and headed down to the room where all the players should be sleeping. you waited in front of the door then a guard approached me. "number 17, what are doing standing there?" "what do you mean? shouldn't we be getting the players for the next game?" you asked confused.

"didn't you hear? there was a vote after the first game and most players voted to leave. so we drove them back to where they came from." the guard spoke. "even player 067?" you asked. he nodded. crap. she left? what will we do without the players here? you thought.

"come. the front man wants to see us all." the guard spoke walking away while i followed behind him. we made it and entered a room where we could see the front man, and the other guards standing before him.

"guards, since the players are no longer here, you can decide to go home, or you can stay here. knowing that many people voted no to leaving, i'm sure they'll all be back soon." the front man said.

i have to stay. what if she comes back? yeah. i'm sure she'll come back. i'll wait here for her and all of the other players. you thought trying to stay positive.