Chapter 2

I checked my phone, no messages or calls, where is he? Joe was 10 minutes late and I was getting frustrated. I tried to call his phone: “Hey this is Joe, I cant answer right now, Leave me a message!” “Joe, babe, where are you? You’re late for our dinner date, please call me!”

An hour late, im going out to look for him. I hopped in my car and drove around asking my friends if they had seen Joe. Meredith, Jamie, and Julia hadn’t seen him all night. Nick and Matt were too busy working to notice. I drove past Lauren’s apartment and saw his car. I parked and stormed up to the door, banging till someone answered. It was Lauren who answered the door and she was wearing the same dress! “where is Joe?!” I screamed.

“You could ask in a nicer way.” She said in a mean way.

“I am not in the mood for this!” I said shoving past her.

“Joe Walker!!” I exclaimed.

He turned around and immediately ducked his head behind the couch. I walked over to the couch and stared him down. “Oh hey baby, I tried to call. I cant make it tonight.” He said ashamed.

“Joseph Walker, did you forget what tonight was?!” I asked furiously.

“Ummmm, yes” he said scared.

“Its our 1 year anniversary you GET a little GET!!!” I yelled.
Peanut butter

“Yell one more time and im throwing you out.” Lauren said behind me.

“You stay out of this and take off that dress!” I said to her.

“ I’m so sorry Emma, I completely forgot. I’ll make it up to you I promise.” He apologized.

“You don’t have to worry about it, we’re over.” I cried.

I ran out the door and drove away leaving Joe standing outside. I made my way to Meredith’s place and knocked on the door. Makeup was running down my face and I couldn’t stop crying. Jamie answered the door and invited me in. I fell over on Meredith’s lap and cried the hardest I had ever cried. She got me some tissues and I wiped the mascara off my face. “Ok so what exactly happened?” she asked.

I caught my breath and spoke, “I saw his car parked by Lauren’s apartment so I knocked on the door. He was sitting on her couch watching a movie. She was wearing the same dress, he bought me this dress! I yelled at him and she yelled at me. I finally realized he was cheating on me and I ended it right there and ran out.” I cried again.

“Oh honey, im so sorry. Joe is a jerk sometimes. I really thought he cared about you.” She said hugging me. Jamie grabbed a carton of ice cream and Julia found some pajamas for me to wear, we put on a movie and ate ice cream straight from the carton.

The next day, I went to the mansion and decided to take down all of my pictures of joe and I. I threw the pictures away and got rid of all the jewelry he had bought me except for a ring he had given me. It was a birthstone ring and I wanted to keep it. I scratched the engraving off it and put it on. I tore up the dress I had worn last night. Chris heard me and knocked on the door. “Is everything ok Emma?” he asked.

“Oh hey Chris, No, Joe and I are over. I’m getting rid of some stuff.” I said.

I fell to the floor and cried and he ran over to hug me. “It’s ok, I’m here for you. Just go ahead and cry.” He said.

I cried in his arms for 10 minutes, his shirt was soaked. News spread through the group what had happened and Joe looked like the biggest jerk. Not even Lauren would talk to him. Not long after, Dylan and Meredith split because of their differences causing conflict. The two of us hung out a lot, going over our lines. She was sad over her break up but knew it was for the best, they were just too different. After a month went by, things died down and Joe was no longer hated. We were all friends again and I forgave Lauren, she had not been with Joe at all. Joe was trying so hard to win me back but I wasn’t giving in. It was December and work was moving on our costumes. I was helping Nick out, making some of the villain pieces. Nick was making a papier-mâché egg hat for Dylan and I was sewing a cape for Lauren. I heard footsteps and turned around, it was Joe. He was holding flowers, purple lily’s, my favorite. “Joe, please stop. I am not taking you back.” I said.

“Emma, I’m sorry for what I did. Please, please take me back!” he pleaded.

“I’m sorry Joe” I said leaving.

I drove back to the mansion, sat on the couch and read a book. Chris came by a few minutes later. He asked if Nick was back and I said no. He sat down with me to talk. “How are you doing?” he asked.

“Yea I’m fine. Joe just keeps bothering me. I can’t get any peace.” I said.

“Well, you can always come over and hang with me. We can watch a movie, play some video games, something like that.” He offered.

“Yea sure, sounds like fun.” I said smiling.

I put my book away and grabbed my coat. He drove me to his house and we played Mario Kart on the wii. I was having so much fun with Chris, I didn’t care who won. He ordered some pizza and we watched Young Frankenstein. He had laid his hand next to mine, waiting to see if I would hold it. I ignored it for a while but gave in and cuddled with him. I felt so safe and comfortable with him, I forgot all about Joe.