chapter 25: superstar

Mulai dari awal

I, then, go on to thank the people who have joined my company to make it work. A long list of names on that paper. “And finally, the fans who stayed with me. Without reading your comments every day, asking when I'm coming back, I don't think I would really have the courage at all. I don't think this would've happened, so thank you. I know this had been said a lot but I'll work even harder to show you a better and more passionate side of me.”

I swallow at the end of my speech because it's time for the questions to swarm in. When Yujin says it to the reporters, my heart beats faster.

“Chang Seungyeon-ssi, why did you name your company CLC? What exactly does it mean?”

“Do you plan to train future actors too?”

“Is it true that the reason you are going independent is because no agencies are signing with you after the controversies?”

“I thought about the name of the company by myself. I decided on CLC, which has the meaning of Crystal Clear because I think it will remind me in the future of my real intention upon having my own agency and being in my own agency.” I see Seunghee giving me thumbs up from the back. I smile a little. “I have received offers from a few agencies as well upon leaving my previous company. I choose to be independent simply to have more creative freedom, to have more control in the roles that I will be deciding to play and to protect myself better from any false allegations that might occur in the future.”

I pause, thinking. “And to answer the question if I plan to train future actors too, I will say yes. I want to give young people the opportunity to go for their dreams, not just in the acting world but with the entertainment industry in general. I still have a lot to learn but I believe that with the experience I have gathered over the years, I'm also a person who has a lot to teach.”

“Are you saying that HM Entertainment failed to protect you from the false controversies?”

“I said it exactly as what it is. I just want to protect myself and the future artists who will be in this agency better from false controversies and also from cyber bully.” I say and before I realize it, my heart isn't thumping so fast anymore, my hands are steady and I feel in control of this.

“I think that mental health is so important and it is something that not a lot of companies value or talk about with their artists. I want my company to be the kind of place where we can have a healthy work environment.”

As the presscon unfolds, I start feeling proud of myself. And I think that's the real win tonight.

* * *

“AAAAAHHHHH!” As I listen to the girls squeal, I get a text from Hwiyoung too.

H.
10:05 P.M:

good job with the presscon
you're a force to be reckoned with.
not trying to start anything but
i guess im really proud of you, seungyeon.

A smile curves on my lips, reaching my eyes and probably extending to my heart too.

“CHEERS!” Seunghee yells, lifting her glass of beer up. We're in a private room of a restaurant for a celebration.

“Here's to our girlboss, Seungyeon eonni!” Yeeun says, lifting a glass of red wine.

“I couldn't be more proud, our Seungyeonie!” Yujin says, clinking glasses with all of us. We all have different drinks in hand.

After some drinks and gushing over what happened today at the presscon, everyone is a little drunk. We've already called a designated driver to get us back home when Seunghee starts crying.

Drunk-crying, if I must say.

“What the hell?” I ask, sleepily peeking at her ugly-crying face.

Yeeun giggles.

“Our Seungyeonie has been through so much...” Seunghee says, sobbing. “I didn't say this because it's sappy as shit but I'm just so happy for you and I'm so proud that it really makes me happy and I'm just really happy right now it makes me cry...”

Against my better judgement, my lips curve into the sad face emoji and I lean against Seunghee's shoulder and join her crying party. “Right? I've been through a lot. It was so hard, seriously. I didn't tell you guys and you might have thought I was just chilling but it was really... eating me inside.”

Yujin starts bawling too.

Yeeun snorts, wiping tears from her eyes. “Shut up. Why is everyone crying?”

The crying got louder and as if we all share one single braincell, we wrap Yeeun in a hug. “You've been through so much shit you didn't deserve too.” I tell her.

“Stop it. My heart is breaking.” Yeeun starts crying.

We're all crying, and it's all so dramatic but we just really love each other so much I can feel it in my bones. We're all soulmates here. No matter what they throw at me, I think I'll come out fine because I wouldn't want to give up and lose these girls in my life no matter what we go through individually, I know we'll always have this safe circle to bounce on and lift us back up.

The next morning as I wake up with a bad hangover, I get a text message from my mother.

_______________

A/N:
i feel like this chapter is a little short
but i want it to be solely seungyeon's
point of view. ohhh how i wish seungyeon
is ultra rich irl and save clc :') well, a girl
can dream and write a fanfic where it comes
true. lmao hope u liked this chapter <3

 lmao hope u liked this chapter <3