Issue #24: jealousy, jealousy

Start from the beginning

To do what? Drive you mad with her flirting with other men? Or hath thou not learnt thy lesson? I can see how she drives you insane.

I've been insane far longer than I've known her.

Yes and we both know who caused that. And now that we mention it, they share some qualities, don't they?

Shut up.

They both starve for your attention and don't care how they hurt you in achieving it. Both always need to be the center of attention. Almost sociopathic.

I was awoken from my trance by Komi snapping her fingers in my face.

"Are you deaf? I said get us some drinks." She told me.

"From where?" I asked.

"You sure knew how to find them when you were with that ugly slut servant of mine last night." She responded. My eye started twitching as I resented the comment to say the least.

"Plus beau que ce gremlin au visage de chien auquel vous vous êtes attaché." I said in French. Translated it roughly means "Certainly better looking than that dog faced gremlin you've grown attached to." French expressionist horror and dada films got me interested in the language like many do with Japanese and anime. What was important was Komi understood me while the reds didn't. She stood up and grabbed my hand.

"A word. Now." She said dragging me out. We walked a fair bit away from the moron brothers and Komi went to slap me again but I grabbed her by her wrist.

"You got one. Now you get one warning. Watch where you throw that thing or you may end up getting it cut off."

"Where do you get the right, you fucking worm?"

"You got my attention and now you don't want it? Make up your mind you."

"You're a liar and a backstabber!"

"I have been brutally honest with you and Tara to a fault and I'm just a stabber in general."

You aren't honest with yourself and to an extent me.

Shut up.

"Fuck you with your honesty bullshit! And if anyone needs to make up their mind it's you! I get it you have a thing for tacky tomboys with oily skin but if you're going to be with her then how about you let me be with tall, dark, and handsome!?"

"Not only am I not doing anything with Tara besides a few kisses while we were drunk but maybe I wouldn't have a problem with you flirting with a literal deadman walking if you weren't very obviously doing it to make me jealous!"

"Which you are because you chose that stupid bitch over me!"

"You think I'm jealous? Of you? Because you're even dumber than I thought if you think there's anything to be jealous about with an attention starved girl who clings onto a married man whose already dating an American spy because he looked at her twice. I do have to ask, how embarrassing is it you're about to get your heart shattered by a corpse? You're going to be hurt Blackfire. And don't expect (L,N) to be there to pick up the pieces."

I stepped back and held my head looking away for a slight moment.

"What the fuck was that? Why did you say that!?" I whisper shouted at the Ghost.

I gave her the one warning she was entitled to.

I looked at the puddle of blood on the floor now coming from my nose.

"You're killing me!"

I'm saving you.

I looked back over at Komi and I saw tears in her eyes. Her eyes glowed for a second as the water vaporized and she stared at me.

"And to think I ever believed you when you made that promise." Komi told me. "Go find the fucking drinks so you don't blow our cover." She said walking away.

"...You're not to speak again until I let you out later tonight you bastard!"

Promise you'll let me out?

"Just leave me alone for now, you son of a bitch." I said before he giggled like he had something up his sleeve for when he did come out.

comparison is killin' me slowly,
I think, I think too much,
About whores who don't know me
I'm so sick of myself
I'd rather be, rather be
Anyone, anyone else
But jealousy, jealousy
Has Started following me...

He said in a singsong voice before he faded from my subconscious.