*Merlins's beard*

Start from the beginning

Dear Ms. Dursley,

I'd like to welcome you to my office around 10 am, after breakfast to further discuss your future. I have heard you are having some trouble and I might be able to offer you some help.

P.S I like chocolate frogs

Iris was astounded, the greatest wizard of all times was offering her help! She had seen him up close once, and that was for her Head girl duties. Percy was interested when he saw the letter, also a little jealous of course. Who wouldn't? iris grabbed Percy's arm, who was used to this now. She read the clock and it was only 8. What did the headmaster want with her?

****

Percy had left Iris in front of the Gargoyle. After reading the letter several times, Iris guessed that the candy was the password. She said it out loud and walked up the stairs to the office. She would never not be amazed by the room, it was so, unique. She found the old man writing off the letter, iris saw a small crest of the ministry of magic on it but quickly averted her eyes elsewhere. "Ah, ms Dursley, nice to see you. Please, sit." Iris sat down on the chair across from him, her heart racing. "I just received a letter from the ministry, they want to up the security, but anyway," He seemed unbothered by the letter, which Iris found weird. "I hope my hint wasn't too hard, but I'd much prefer lemon drops." Iris had to take a second before understanding what he was talking about. "oh," Iris said, now realizing he liked muggle candy. "I was never fond of them, maybe because my brother ate them all, I like Bertie botts the most I think." Dumbledore seemed content. "ah yes, I actually went to school with Bertie, good times they were." He chuckled to himself, and almost seemed to relive it in his eyes. It went silent, iris sitting awkwardly.

Dumbledore snapped out of his thought, now addressing the elephant in the room. "Am I correct to assume that you still haven't decided what to do with your future?" Iris felt a little embarrassed. "Er, yeah." Dumbledore nodded.  "Have you thought in some options?" Iris bit her lip. "Yeah, I've thought of a couple, but they don't seem to fit my criteria." She left it broad. The old man raised his eyebrows. "What sort of criteria? I'm impressed that you got all 12 O.W.Ls, you could probably get into any job you liked. Mind you, I only got 7." He laughed at his own words, iris smiling awkwardly. "Uh, well." She gulped. "I sort of need to find a job where I can take care of Harry, All the jobs I've thought of are very, er, hands-on and full time." Something in Dumbledore made him feel a tad bit guilty. 

"My dear, I'm assuming you are taking Mr. Potter under your own wings? Letting him leave your parent's house and into yours?" Iris nodded slowly, not understanding how it could be bad if anything, it was good. Dumbledore sighed. "I hate to tell you this, but I'm afraid you won't be able to take Mr. Potter with you. " Iris felt betrayed. "Uh, may I ask why sir?" She said slowly. "The ministry, will most likely not allow you to take an underage child unless authorized by the guardian, in which case, your parents would have to grant him that," Iris interrupted him. "I'm sorry sir, but I'm sure my parents would be thrilled to have him out of the house," The man noticed the longing. "Though that may be, it is also Harry Potter we are talking about. However protective you may be, the ministry would wasn't a wizarding celebrity to live with a new adult, in the ministry's eyes, your parents are more trustworthy." Iris wanted to argue, but Dumbledore stopped her. "I'm sure if he lived with you, Mr. Potter would have a better time, but rules are rules, until the ministry sees you fit, he cannot live with you."

Had it been anyone else, iris would have foughten her way, but it's Dumbledore she's talking to, he knew what he was doing. Feeling defeated, iris got ready to leave. "Alright then. I'm assuming this meeting wasn't about my future job then was it?" Dumbledore let himself smile. "In a matter of fact, that wasn't the main topic. I mentioned you passed your O.W.Ls well correct? And you received an outstanding in Arithmancy? That is something only a skilled witch or wizard will be able to accomplish. It just so happens, that the advanced Arithmancy teacher, Professor Vector, will be retiring next year." iris couldn't connect the dots. "I'm am offering you, a place to become the advanced Arithmancy teacher, only if you would like to. Normally, there is only 2 classes every week, so you won't be overworked. As well as most students tend to be hard working. And I know you want to keep an eye out on your cousin, which you would be able to do as you would be provided with your own personal dorm." Iris thought it was a joke. She was being offered a place at Hogwarts to teach. 

"Merlin's beard! I mean, uh," she flushed red at her words, Dumbledore amused. "Uh, I would be honoured to take it, but why me Professor? Isn't their more talented people for the job?" Dumbledore pursed his lips. "There are, however, I am thinking your case would be more fitting. You needed to find a job, and keep an eye out for your cousin. And I know you from attending hogwarts. " The rest of their time was spent discussing what the next steps would be, Iris then dissmised racing to tell Percy her news.