* Nighttime stroll*

Unfortunately due to Iris's detention, she was unable to see her cousin all day that day. She hadn't even got the chance to congratulate him after the sorting. The one thing in her favour that day was that no one had approached her about being Harry's cousin. She left right after dinner started, grabbing a small apple. 

She opened the door to potions door and got to work right away. Snape told her to scrub the cauldrons and reorganize the classroom. She was let out 5 minutes before curfew, Snape did that so she would have to rush to the Ravenclaw common room, and she also couldn't technically run. Iris sighed and walked out of the class. Ravenclaw tower was far from the common room. She made her way up to the first floor, taking her time since someone would catch her anyways. She heard footsteps approaching, and reduced her walking speed. She'd earn less of a punishment if she didn't run.

The person approached, and Iris was very nearly glad it wasn't a teacher. "What're you doing up at this hour?" The boy asked surprised. "Oh! I just finished detention. I'm on my way up to Ravenclaw Tower." She walked up to Percy, and hooked arms with him, taking Percy completely by surprise. She started leading them to the staircase out of the dungeons. "W-What are you doing?" Percy asked. He was very grateful it was dark since his cheeks were a bit red. 

"You have to walk me to my dorm. The Slytherins aren't very nice at night. (Speaking as Iris) and you owe me one remember?" She led them past Slytherin's common room and up the stairs. "This is ridiculous. I'm not going to take you to your house! You can do that yourself!" He raised his voice slightly. Before Iris could reply, a loud noise along with a high-pitched voice bounced up and down the corridor in their direction. "Naughty Naughty! Two students out of bed! Ohhhhh Filchy!" It sang horrible, and both Iris and Percy began to panic. 

"Peeves! Shut up! It's me!" Iris shushed. The poltergeist stopped singing and looked at who he was about to get into trouble. "Oops. Sorry, Ms. Didn't know it was you." Iris groaned, "Well you've done it, Weasley!" Iris hissed. "I don't understand how this is my fault!" Percy defended. From the bottom of the stairs, two angry voices of Snape and Filch were heard. Iris quickly grabbed Percy's forearm and started running. Due to the time at the moment, Percy ran too. It was dark and they couldn't see a thing, but Iris knew the grounds inside out. After running for a bit, Percy seemed to have thought better of it. "Stop! This is stupid. I am a prefect an-,"  

Iris pleaded for him to start running again. "Snape's after me! It doesn't matter if you're prefect! And we've just been running so there's no point!" They heard footsteps behind them and Iris began to break a sweat. They were way closer than they should have been. What did they do? Sprint? Iris found it funny to imagine Snape and Filch sprinting professionally. Iris grabbed onto Percy again, and led him to the end of the corridor, then she turned a sharp left, and put herself and Percy into a broom cupboard,

Percy immediately tried to get himself out of the very tight space, but Iris shushed him and covered his mouth with her hand. The footsteps they heard grew closer and closer, but as they did, it only sounded like one pair, and also lighter and tappier. It stopped right in front of the cupboard, and Percy was ready to die of humiliation. The door opened, but it was not SNape. It was- "Minnie!" Iris said enthusiastically at the witch. McGonagall was shocked, 

"What are you two-" Iris interrupted her. "Sorry, but did you pass Profesor Snape on your way here?" Minerva was even more shocked, but it didn't take a while to compose herself. "Yes, I did. Now what are you two doing up at this hour?" she gave a stern look at them, and Percy felt guilty. Iris heard the real footsteps of Snape and Filch getting closer. "Running from Snape, " She replied to the transfiguration teacher before muttering a quick goodbye to her. "C'mon Percy!" Iris grabbed Percy's arm again and started running once more.

McGonagall stood there shocked. She watched the pair run to the Ravenclaw tower, and she let them. A possible smile could have appeared on her face. She closed the cupboard door and decided that she didn't see them.

Iris and Percy stopped running a corridor away from Ravenclaw tower. "That was humiliating!" Percy said, catching his breath. "No, It was fun!" Iris said breathing heavily as well but still smiling. "Fun? None of it was fun! The running and the rule-breaking," Iris rolled her eyes. "Live a little perc!" Percy crossed his arms and gave her an angry look. "This is exactly why we aren't friends." He said. "Yeah, just people on first-name-basis," Iris said. She started walking again. "Come on Percy. Ravenclaw tower is just over there! Please just walk with me." She gave him her best puppy eye. Percy sighed heavily and began to walk. "I have transfiguration tomorrow morning, McGonagall is going to be mad. A Prefect like me running after curfew? Even I am ashamed of it." They were almost there. "I'm sure she couldn't recognize you because your hair was a mess, and if she does punish you, blame me. It was my fault anyway." She took the blame without pity, so Percy didn't really feel guilty. They stopped in front of the door with the eagle knocker. Percy turned the other way and began descending the stairs. "Wait, where are you going?" Iris asked. Percy looked at her. "Going back." He said like it was obvious.

"What? No. Don't leave yet. Help me answer the riddle." Percy scratched his head. "Why can't you do it?" Iris tapped her toes. "Because it's past my bedtime and my brain is already asleep." SHe said. Percy raised an eyebrow. She Grunted. "Fine, because if I get it wrong I'd have to stay here, but you're also here so you should answer it first before you leave." Percy thought her reason was fair enough. "Alright. So I just have to answer the riddle and that's it?" He asked, with a little tiny bit of sarcasm in it. "Hey! Don't make fun of it! All you guys have to do is say a word, every time I visit I just make one up and I get it right most of the time." Percy glared at her, but Iris just gestured for him to answer. He knocked with the eagle once, and it sprung to life.

"What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?" Percy took about 30 seconds to answer. "A river." The door opened for Iris, revealing a circular common room right blue and bronze. Iris smiled at Percy's reaction. "Thank you, Percy." She said, and for the first time in a very long time, she smiled at him. Percy had only seen her smile at him once, and that was on the train in first year. "You're welcome." He stuttered. 

Iris walked into the room, and the door closed behind her. Only one person was in the room, and that was Phelipe. She sat down beside him, in front of the dying fire. "What are you doing up? And with a book?" She tilted her head so she could see the cover of it, just to make sure her mind wasn't playing tricks. "Couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd bore myself, but this book is totally interesting." He said without taking his eyes off the page. "Wow, I'm impressed. Where's Ricky?"

"Asleep." He said. Iris nodded. "When are you going to tell him?" Phelipe finally took his eyes off the book. "Tell who?" Iris gave him a side glance. "Pheli, you know what I mean." He sighed. "I just don't know anymore. I'm afraid he'll say no to me and shut me out, you know how he gets when he doesn't agree." Iris nodded. "Ok, well hope you do, you two would go well together." She started going up the stairs to her dorm. "Night Pheli, I should get some rest before Clearwater gets back." Philippe nodded and went back to reading.