*Prefect down*

Easter 1993

Iris's coldness was bothering Percy more and more. They went from being best friends to sworn enemies. Percy wasn't very fond of the relationship, and his goal was for iris to talk to him. Even if they stayed enemies, he wanted to know what he did wrong. As a prefect and future head boy, he couldn't think of anything bad that he may have done. He made the mistake of asking Penelope, which turned it into an argument. Penelope was obviously happy about the distance between Iris and her boyfriend, so she was nowhere near pleased when Percy wanted to talk to her. "Why would you want to talk to Her," she snarled. Percy thought it was offensive causing an uproar. Neither won the fight, but it made Penelope become a little more clingy and irritating. Percy always found her waiting for him after his classes, and never stopped talking, as if she wanted all his attention on her. 

Another complaint about her overprotectiveness upped the security for Percy. It seemed the only time they were alone was when Percy's head hit his pillow, to when it left his pillow. Yet even with his bodyguard, Percy tried to talk to Iris. It was usually during transfiguration when Penelope was absent, but Iris seemed to be on Penelope's side for this one. Just a week before the quidditch game, Percy decided to end it with Penelope. It didn't go well. She yelled at him for being a selfish partner, saying he never spent time with her. She cried and everything went ugly. It was probably one of their biggest fights yet. It lasted all night, the two screaming at each other for eternity. At last, Percy had the right mind to walk away, but he was still short-tempered after that. Since no one knew of their relationship, there was no talk about it, but Iris had put the pieces together and found out they broke up. It might have made Iris's day a little better.

 In transfiguration, McGonagall was telling them to partner up, and review a spell from 4th year. Before any words came out of Iris's mouth, Percy had already made them partners. "Oh goody, at least I'll pass tomorrow's test." She said dryly. Percy glared, her remarks were making him furious. He already tried being nice, so all that was left to do was get it out of her. "Ferula" Percy said, pointing it at Iris's wrist. They were conjuring bandages onto their opponent's arms. iris felt her arm suffocate a little, and immediately tried to get it off her. "Ow Percy, that was too tight!" She rubbed her arm, letting the blood back in. Percy carelessly shrugged, "Sorry, or not. Everyone makes mistakes." 

iris narrowed her eyes, knowing he was trying to say something. "At least I know what I did wrong, don't you hate it when people don't tell you what you're doing wrong?" He meant to say he was annoyed at Iris, but Iris thought he was trying to insult her. "Ferula!" she said, pointing it at his head, and covering his mouth. She heard gasps coming from the room, and the next thing she knew, she had detention with McGonagall. "That was incredibly immature of you Ms. Dursley." voice thick of her accent. iris just stood there, a blank expression on her face. She did that often. "Detention tomorrow afternoon!" The time made Iris looked panicked. "But Professor, the games tomorrow, how am I supposed to get my team ready if I'm stuck here?!" She pleaded. The professor drew her mouth into a straight thin line. "Then I suppose it will teach you a lesson." Iris nearly glared at the woman, but it would have been a poor choice. Instead, she narrowed her eyes at Percy, who was recovering from the shock.

****

Iris had arrived at McGonagall's office 5 minutes late, she intended to be as lazy as possible. "Finally," the woman said. "I thought you were going to skip." Iris sighed and took a seat. "I was contemplating it," she mumbled. The professor gave her a sheet of parchment and a quill. "You'll be writing lines, write I will not harm my classmates. 400 times should be enough."  Minnie walked back to her desk and resumed grading essays. iris groaned and started slowly writing the lines, one after another. It had been nearly an hour, and Iris had switched to her left hand. She had 200 more to go, and there were 3 more hours until the game. If she picked up her pace, she could finish in less than an hour. The room was quiet other than the scratching of quills on parchment. The door to her office suddenly opened, revealing a 5th-year student looking terrified. "Professor McGonagall, Professor Dumbledore needs you in the hospital wing." iris' ears perked, was there another attack? Minnie's eyes widened, and immediately she stood up to leave. "Dursley, I suppose you can go, oh actually, Weasly, come here." Iris was happy for about a second before it turned into deep dread. 

Percy walked over to the professor, noticing her urgency. When he got closer to her office, he saw Iris taking her detention. Seeing her miserable made him feel proud. "Weasley, I'm so sorry to assign you like this, but I am needed up in the hospital wing, and I need you to cover Dursley's detention for me." Just like that, the little proud bubble in Percy's chess vanished, instead being replaced with trepidation. Iris now saw his face and felt smug. "Is there another attack Professor?" Percy asked, hoping he could avoid what he was being assigned to do. Minnie looked fearful. "I'm not sure. I'll be back as soon as I can. Thank you, Weasley." The professor left quickly, leaving Percy no choice. "It just had to be you didn't it?" she sneered, returning back to lines. Percy scrunched his nose, apparently disgusted by her. "Watch your mouth Dursley, I can and will-" He said highly, but Iris cut him off, mimicking him. "Report you to a professor and make your life living hell." As she said that, she sat up straight and looked pointy, imitating Percy. He looked at her dangerously. 

"I heard you broke up with your girlfriend?" She asked interested. Percy pursed his lips. "It's none of your business." He dismissed her. Iris sighed but looking pleased with herself. "Only lasted less than a year, I figured though." She said, not looking at Percy. The redhead only wondered what she was thinking. "Found the ugly side of her did you?" She asked. Only broken up for a week, Percy felt a little defensive of his ex-girlfriend. "There is no ugly side, we just fell apart." Iris snorted, knowing it was a lie. "Yeah right, Clearwater doesn't fall out." She laughed making Percy annoyed. "You just keep quiet and continue your work. Anyways you don't even know Penelope." Iris grinned, "Oh no, you don't know her, I know her very clear." Percy raised his eyebrow. "Never have I ever seen you talk to Penelope, you just judge people." Iris rolled her eyes. "I knew her in first year, and she hasn't changed since. Man, you two didn't have a very good relationship if she didn't tell you what happened in first year. Well, you can't expect much. She's a lying jerk." Percy was now confused and wanted to know more. He was, however, interrupted when the transfiguration teacher burst in. "Bad news, quidditch is cancelled." She said. Iris was about to explode. "What! You can't cancel quidditch!" She complained. The professor gave her a stern look. "I don't need you to tell me what I can and cannot do Dursley. There's been two more attacks. I believe you know Ms. Granger and Clearwater?" iris stopped talking at once, but Percy's jaw was hanging.