*The cousins*

September 1st, 1991

The rest of the time with the Dursleys was painful. Boh Petunia and Vernon wouldn't look Iris or Harry in the eye. Dudley made sure to keep everything including himself out of the way of the cousins, worried he would grow more than a tail. Iris rather enjoyed the lack of attention. Today they were going for their 5th and 1st year at Hogwarts. Iris had been telling Harry all she knew about the school, Harry being more excited than ever.

To Iris's surprise, when Harry had told her that he asked Vernon for a ride to King's cross, he said Yes. Iris forgot to tell Harry there were other ways of getting to the station, but the little arrangement her cousin made was also fine. on the way to the train station, no one peeped a word except for Iris humming to herself. Her parents dropped them off in front of the building and left without a second glance. 

"Ugh, we're running late, I knew father was going slow. Harry, I've got to use the loo, meet me at the train." She rushed to the bathroom forgetting something very important. While she was washing her hands, she looked at her train ticket that was sticking out of her pocket. 'Platform 9 3/4' was written on the front, but when Iris took a closer look, "Shit!" she cried out, gaining a very nasty look from a woman beside her with a small child holding her hand. Iris's face reddened and profoundly apologized before rushing to platforms 9 and 10.

"Oh, you idiot Iris! What made you think Harry knew where to go! Like he would think of running into a wall face-first to get to the train!" she said to herself. She looked around for a small boy with glasses around the platform, but she found none. She cursed under her breath and looked down at her watch again. 5 minutes until the train would leave. "Unless he somehow managed to get on the train, I lost him. I can just ask one of the professors at Hogwarts later." SHe thought, and without a second thought, she ran into the barrier. The familiar crimson red train stood in front of her. 

She looked back and forth between the train, and to her amazement, Harry was there, trying to lift his trunk up. She ran to the boy and hugged him. "Oh, Harry! I'm an idiot! I'm so sorry!" Harry was trying to regain his balance. "S'alright Iris. Can you help me with my trunk?" He asked gesturing to the box on the ground. "Sure! How'd you get onto the platform?" Iris asked while helping him. "Oh, this nice lady called Mrs. Weasley helped me." The mention of the last name caught Iris off guard, she dropped the trunk and started running in the direction of the red-head family. 

She looked at the mother of 7 children before hugging her. "Thank you so much Mrs. Wesaley for helping Harry onto the platform!" Mrs. Weasley was taken by surprise by the girl's gesture but hugged her back nonetheless. "It's no problem dear, he was ever so polite. Where were you anyway?" "Oh, I was in the loo, but forgot to tell harry how to get onto the platform." She chuckled sheepishly. Mrs. Weasley gave her a side smile. "It was nice seeing you again Mrs. Weasley!" Iris said while rushing back to her trunk. The whistle blew and she hopped onto the train, running straight into another red-head. 

She straightened herself out while the other boy frustratedly straightened his clothes. His eyes softened however when he saw who bumped into him. "Oh, Hello Iris." Iris looked up, "Oh hi Percival." She said. Percy gave her a strange look. Iris acted innocent. "What? I thought we were being formal." She shrugged. Percy was about to say something when another girl dressed in Ravenclaw robes joined them. 

"Oh, Percy! I didn't recognize you! You've grown so much!" The girl said in a high-pitched voice. Iris's mood went downhill like a car with no brakes. "Hello Penelope," Percy said politely and unknowingly. "I see you've been made prefect! I have been too!" Penelope said smugly. "Unlike some other people," She added with a slight nod to Iris. Iris narrowed her eyes. "Didn't realize it was you until you insult me. Did your head get bigger over the summer Clearwater?" The charmingness in Penelope's face vanished. "I wasn't talking to you Dursley." The brunettes spat out before looking back at Percy with a smile. "I hear Harry Potter's on the train, want to meet him and look at his scar?" Iris cleared her throat.

"I'd rather not you gawk at his forehead thank you." She said rudely. Penelope scoffed. "Why? Because he's your boyfriend? Does little Dursley have a crush?" Iris raised an eyebrow. "No actually. That would be weird. Imaging dating you cousin." She laughed. Both Penelope and Percy stared at her, Percy more than Penelope. "Whatever, you coming Percy?" She asked. Percy looked from left to right. "Uh, I'll catch up with you in a sec." He nodded encouragingly. Penelope went into the corridor obviously feeling defeated. 

Iris turned in the other direction and walked to her friend's compartment. Percy walked in her direction as well, trying to get her attention. "Harry Potters your cousin?" Iris looked at him. "Yea, he is." She kept walking. "Why didn't you tell me?" Percy asked. Iris shrugged. "You never asked." Percy scoffed. "You're related to the boy who lived! Everyone would want to be your friend. Ju-" Iris interrupted him. "That's exactly why I didn't say anything! I don't want people to become friends with me because I'm related to a celebrity!" She kept on walking. "Of course you wouldn't" Percy muttered under his breath. "Don't you have a meeting to be in?' Iris asked cockily. Percy straightened his badge, forgetting about his 'high; position. "Yes I do, but I am perfectly capable of taking myself there." Iris looked down at her watch. 

"Then why are you ten minutes late and still walking in the wrong direction?" Percy looked at his own watch for confirmation before running down to the prefect's carriage. Iris smiled wickedly, she charmed his watch to go 10 minutes faster. At last she turned left into the carriage, where Mika and Phelipe were talking, and Eric staring absent-mindedly at Phelipe.