𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟏 - 𝟐

Magsimula sa umpisa

It contrasted beautifully with the grey-purple color of the castle's many roofs.

I noticed the three other girls were still asleep, and I took it to my advantage. I got dressed quickly, and then sat down with a quill and ink. I planned on writing to my mother, explaining the situation and all of my sorrows. I just couldn't figure out how to put it into words.

After about fifteen minutes, I was left with this.

Dearest Mother,

I was sorted into Gryffindor last night, and I am positively distraught. I cannot be in Gryffindor house, and I feel a disgrace to our family's name to even be sorted into it. I don't know what that old hat thinks he's doing, bu he just has to have made a mistake. Professor McGonagall told me that the hat never makes mistakes, but I beg to differ. Please, find a way to get me into Slytherin, with Draco.

All my love, Alexandra.

I opened the cage my owl, Nora, had been sleeping in all night, her beak tucked into her wing. I nudged the side of her head with my finger, and she hooted sleepily. 

"Nora, can you bring this to mother please?" I whispered. She lifted her head, took the letter in her beak, and flew out the window. I watched her beat her wings every few seconds, until she was so far away that she was just a pinprick on the horizon.

I looked over to the three girls to see them beginning to rustle in their beds, and took that as my cue to hurry along. I grabbed my smaller bag where I had moved all my books to, and made my way down to the common room.

More students were sitting here, splayed across couches or chatting in front of the empty fire. I got multiple stares as I walked by, and my steps hurried. 

By the time I got to the corridor that ended up at the Great Hall, I was running. I slowed down, caught my breath, smoothed down my hair, and walked in, chin never trembling. Draco saw me coming and waved his hand, signaling me to sit at the Slytherin table with him.

I shook my head jerkily, and continued. I would not be childish, and go sit with my twin brother because I was sad. I would sit where I was placed, and never complain once. Complaining was tremendously unbecoming.

I forced down a few pieces of toast, even though my appetite was nonexistent. It felt like lumps of coal were being sent down my throat instead of food. 

I stood up suddenly with everyone else, and made my way to my first class, holding my schedule so tightly that it began to wrinkle. My feet carried me outside, to Herbology. I vaguely remembered mother telling me this was her least favorite class, because she always got her nails dirty. 

I sighed in defeat, and pushed open Greenhouse 1's door. Almost the entire class was already there. After a quick scan, I noticed that Harry wasn't. He came only seconds after I had taken my position next to a random boy named Neville. 

He looked around the room just as I had, but his gaze caught on me. I narrowed my eyes at him in warning, and yet he still decided to come stand next to me. I was surrounded by Gryffindor boys. I might throw up.

"Potter," I sighed.

"Alexandra," he replied calmly. How strange.

"I'm surprised you remembered my name," I challenged.

"No one gave me a reason to forget it."

"No one gave you permission to call me by anything other than 'Malfoy', either," I scoffed.

"Not until just now."

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked back over to the Herbology teacher, Professor Sprout. She was a dumpy woman, short and a little chubby, with hair crazy enough to challenge Hermione's, and soil all over her cloths.